Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home theatre set-up

• 03-08-2015 9:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm planning setting up a projector in the sitting room and looking for some tips and advise. I am going to mount a screen on the wall(already made it) and mount the projector to the roof. All other equipment will away in a hub. I'm hoping to have PlayStation, UPC box, PC and other hooked up to an av recover in there.
    Few questions, firstly, what is the best way to control these? Am I looking at ir extender or magic eye yolks? If so, what cable is best to run for this? Next question is about surround sound and more particularly about passive/active sub's. I was hoping to save money initially by using some speakers from a Samsung home cinema setup. I'm pretty sure this has a passive sub, so will the avr be compatible with that? Am looking to buy the optima hd26 or 141x. Probably go with the 141x because of the price difference.
    Any other advice/tips/tricks would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Advertisement