Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hills Premier League competition What a **** take!

• 03-08-2015 10:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭

Hills are offering a £50 million prize for a £2 entry fee to anybody who correctly predicts the correct finishing order of next seasons Premier League!
    That's every team in the PL in the correct order :eek: at 25 million to one.
    The true odds are somewhere in the region of 2,432 and 15 numbers after that :eek: or 2,432,902,008,176,640,000 to be exact (I think).
    To reduce it, would assume that the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd won't finish in the bottom 6 and the likes of Bournemouth and all the other "weaker" teams won't finish in the top 6, it narrows the odds down a bit but it's still a massive number and a lot bigger than 25 million.
    If there's no winner of the jackpot, there's a prize fund of £100,000.
    Max of 250 entries per person at £2 a pop and max total entries of 1 million.
    So they will take in £2 million in entry fees and more likely pay out £100,000 in prize money.
    Nice work if you can get it.
    The good news it's only available to people resident in UK so that rules out all their punters in the rest of the world?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

You do know you don't have to bet on it if you don't want to?

You constantly create threads like this. It's bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 almajir

It's just marketing isn't it?

The idea is people will be hooked in with the massive prize without giving thought to just how hard it is to do. I bet many armchair fans reckon they could get fairly close if they've been following the Premier League long enough.

Even if they have to pay out the 50mil, what's the betting (pardon the pun) that's insured anyway? And think of the PR they could generate from that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

I'm disappointed to see that it's not for us ROI. I think my chances are much better than 25million to 1. You're not doing a permutation with random samples.

Advertisement