Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is windows 10 'safe' or should we stick with 7?

Options
  • 03-08-2015 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Question in the title really. Any advice thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I like 10

Safe as in what? It's no more insecure than any other Windows OS

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Greystoner wrote: »
    Question in the title really. Any advice thanks in advance.

Have you been reading/hearing old wive's tales about W 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

To be honest, we have replaced a decrepit old Dell dinosaur with the new technology and haven't got a clue ha ha! Which is why I am asking advice on here from those who have more of a clue.

BUT so far I do not like only being able to operate online with my email open. I do not want my email open all the time. Can I change this? 'Office' only seems to work when my email is open.

Also 'office' only seems to work when online/ email open! Surely the whole point of having a laptop is being able to use facilities like this when no wifi available etc.

Our old desktop (9 years old!) didn't need email to be open to do anything. Confused here.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

Moderator, could you please delete this thread as it is similar to another one at have posted up. I am unable to/useless!

thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement