Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

argos catalogue price v online price.

Options
  • 03-08-2015 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭

I'm looking here at some toys to purchase for christmas.
    I.see there's a cinderella lego set on the spring summer catalogue for 46.99
    I went online to see if this is in my closest store and the price comes up as 51.99

Which price is right?
    Which can I be expected to pay?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Both the online price and catalogue price are subject to change so neither may be what you are asked to pay at any point in time. However the online price is more likely to be what you pay as it's easier to keep updated especially if there are discounts.
    BTW Your catalogue is out of date, Argos are on their Autumn/Winter 2015 catalogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Ye I was thinking that.
    Also we officially haven't hit autumn yet so that's why I thought maybe the " summer " price was better! Cause it was the cheaper one too '!

Isn't it such a coincidence that the more common and popular items are hiked up a bit in.price from season to season!

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

monflat wrote: »
    Isn't it such a coincidence that the more common and popular items are hiked up a bit in.price from season to season!

Not really it's supply and demand. You're doing the right thing and starting early, but why use bricks and mortar shops? Shop around with the big retailers like Amazon; watch the exchange rates though!

Advertisement