Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Owner with letting agent issues - switching from private let to RAS

Options
  • 03-08-2015 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Maybe not the correct forum, but need help urgently if anyone can direct me. I am renting out my home to pay mortgage. Estate agents not doing their job and I have told them I don't need their services. Going with RAS scheme with council. Agent has screamed at me and told me they will be taking three months payments out of welfare payment and have already done so, is there anything I can do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Split into own thread

Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

they will be taking three months payments out of welfare payment and have already done so, is there anything I can do?

What have they claimed they've taken weekly welfare payment or rent received from property

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭doctorwho-fan

rent supplement from social welfare goes to them and tenant pays rest. they have taken 3 monthly fees out of that payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What did your contract with them say about a break clause?

don't have contract, didn't sign anything. they say something says in there terms and conditions, i didnot see t&C's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Can you take them to the small claims court as it is essentially a B2C dispute?

Never heard of that will check out, also contact property regulator, but heard they are understaffed

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

don't have contract, didn't sign anything. they say something says in there terms and conditions, i didnot see t&C's

Sorry, but I don't believe that any PM company would take on a property without having you sign an agreement about services and fees.

If you didn't keep a copy, then ask them for one.

I have been with two agents and didn't get agreement from either. The first agent didn't charge me anything extra when I left them

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I'm totally confused now. Under RAS there is no top up from the tenant. The tenant pays their share to the council, which pays the rent in full to landlord.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Check if they are on the register of property agents here.

Not being registered is a very serious offence.

Then you can make a complaint or ask the PSRA for advice on your situation.
    http://www.psr.ie/website/npsra/npsraweb.nsf/page/whatwedo-investigation-en

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

murphaph wrote: »
    I'm totally confused now. Under RAS there is no top up from the tenant. The tenant pays their share to the council, which pays the rent in full to landlord.
    OP is not on the RAS scheme yet, tenant pays balance to agent and social welfare pays cheques to agent.

Thanks foggy lad, ahead of game there, but thanks. They are registered, have been on to PSRA printed off complaint to them and posted, off on hols tomorrow so will contact when come back

Advertisement