Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

190 visa in Queensland....help!

• 03-08-2015 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Bear with me here for a minute. My Fiancee is here with me on a 457 visa in NSW , she's sponsored and i'm piggybacking on her visa. We are a year and a half into it and I know that there's only 6 months to go before we can be nominated for residency , but here's the sticking point. She hates her job and she honestly cannot wait another year until the residency comes through and it's really starting to affect her health , so we were thinking of the 189 or 190 visa to set state sponsorship in Queensland
    she is ok for points on skillselect and her occupation is on the CSOL list, skills assessment done and english test and all is sorted,
    I remember reading somewhere though if you are notionally given a 5 year visa for Queensland , that you only have to spend 2 years actually in Queensland. I'm scouring the website looking for this , but has anyone heard of this?
    Reason I'm asking is we are heading home to get married next year and we are facing the added cost of this visa and ideally would like stay in Sydney another year or two , and if she had residency through this visa , she could score a job in her occupation quicker in Sydney and then relocate to Queensland down the line with her new company.
    Thanks folks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Hi guys,
    Bear with me here for a minute. My Fiancee is here with me on a 457 visa in NSW , she's sponsored and i'm piggybacking on her visa. We are a year and a half into it and I know that there's only 6 months to go before we can be nominated for residency , but here's the sticking point. She hates her job and she honestly cannot wait another year until the residency comes through and it's really starting to affect her health , so we were thinking of the 189 or 190 visa to set state sponsorship in Queensland
    she is ok for points on skillselect and her occupation is on the CSOL list, skills assessment done and english test and all is sorted,
    I remember reading somewhere though if you are notionally given a 5 year visa for Queensland , that you only have to spend 2 years actually in Queensland. I'm scouring the website looking for this , but has anyone heard of this?
    Reason I'm asking is we are heading home to get married next year and we are facing the added cost of this visa and ideally would like stay in Sydney another year or two , and if she had residency through this visa , she could score a job in her occupation quicker in Sydney and then relocate to Queensland down the line with her new company.
    Thanks folks

Is there any reason why you can't apply for the 189 visa so you're not tied to a state?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

best i can see on the websites for border.gov is her occupation is on the QLD csol , but not on the NSW one ( shes an enviromental scientist/consultant) very little jobs for non residents in NSW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

best i can see on the websites for border.gov is her occupation is on the QLD csol , but not on the NSW one ( shes an enviromental scientist/consultant) very little jobs for non residents in NSW

Is her skill on both the CSOL and the SOL? If it is on the SOL then you're better off going for the 189 visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

its only on the CSOL unfortunately, ugh just when i though i saw the back of that immigration website

Advertisement