Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

biased moderation

Options
  • 03-08-2015 10:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96475727&postcount=855

when exactly will the site administrators of boards.ie take back moderation of a sub-forum which has obviously been captured by pro-DAA, pro-Aer Lingus sympathizers who stifle any opinions to the contrary and shape the development of discussions to tally with their own prejudices?

To harbour and express negative feelings toward these two companies is tantamount to heresy on the sub-forum.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Is it possible that its not the moderators or what you say, but rather the way you say it, that gets you into trouble?

Its easy to mistake a situation where you have asserted an opinion in a way which breaches the charter of the forum as being censorship of your opinion, rather than your tone. But, for example, the comment you have linked refers to back seat moderation on your part, and is not evidence of heavy handed moderation or any particular bias.

It can be a fine line between the two at some stages, but generally if you are respectful to other posters, especially when being critical of something or someone, then you are unlikely to fall foul of the rules.

Just my 2 cents!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Feedback.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 574 ✭✭✭18MonthsaSlave

I have given this prior consideration.

Speaking plainly is generally considered effective communication:
    When I say "You don't hear them because they get banned on this forum so it is just an echo chamber" I am not making a sly dig. Rather, I am making a clear statement as to why the established consensus doesn't appear to be challenged; conversations are shaped to the ends of those who have captured and control the sub-forum. Next comes the moderators input in a follow-on post in bold letters and points which don't tally with the desired consensus are no further developed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Absolute nonsense, both from the pov of a site Admin, and a user of the forum. Different viewpoints regularly get expressed. The issue here appears to be they way you approached things combined with the tone.

Now I'm off to get my free upgraded to Business Class and under the counter bottles from free whiskey at the DAA duty free counter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement