Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Somebody Recommend

Options
  • 04-08-2015 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

a system that i can keep an eye in the front area of my house including my car

Any help appreciated?

Ps this comes recommended :

Dropcam Pro Wi-Fi Wireless Video Monitoring Camera

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do you want to just view it or record & playback for evidence etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

can you recommend both types please ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

For recording where you may require the images used as evidence you would be looking at a dedicated CCTV system with DVR or NVR, Its a massive market.
    Have you a budget in mind?

For just viewing with remote access any generic IP camera into your network via cable or WiFi would do. You could get something like this for €50-€70

but i cant get it to work it keeps saying cant find equipment

What IP camera do you have? Did it come with discovery software?

• Advertisement

Did it come with a disc that has discovery software on it?
    Does it tell you the IP address of the camera?
    You need to connect it via cable first then set up the WiFi.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Did it come with a disc that has discovery software on it?
    Does it tell you the IP address of the camera?
    You need to connect it via cable first then set up the WiFi.

i just cant find the blooming disc

Is the default IP address marked anywhere on the camera?

Is the default IP address marked anywhere on the camera?

There is a mac number would that be it

• Advertisement

You might be able to get it that way.
    Connect it via cable to your router. Login to your router and goto DHCP client list & look for that mac address. It will then show you the IP address of your camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Rebellion

there is a vast array of every security device online if you do a bit of looking, some great stuff at good prices

You might be able to get it that way.
    Connect it via cable to your router. Login to your router and goto DHCP client list & look for that mac address. It will then show you the IP address of your camera.

But how do i login to my router

Enter its IP address into your browser http:// (modem ip address)
    what router have you? Who is your broadband provider?

that i enetered my ip address in and im using chrome which is not on the list ,

but i hit mobile and i can see the pictures on screen now when it is going through the router but i can not get it on wifi when i take the lead out of router the picture just freezes

When you log into you camera via a browser there should be a settings options to configure WiFi and enter your WiFi settings.

When you log into you camera via a browser there should be a settings options to configure WiFi and enter your WiFi settings.

have chrome on the list would this be the problem

at all

Advertisement