Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cortana Not Available to Ireland?

Options
  • 04-08-2015 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hey ppl,

Just wondering has anyone got Cortana on Windows 10 working yet? I have installed windows 10 and the locale is Ireland and the keyboard I use is American but Cortana doesn't like this setup. Has anyone got it working yet, or is it just me and my bad setup?

TIA

dpjmie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Bayberry

No, it's not you - Cortana has only been "released" for a few of the bigger regions so far, unfortunately. No word yet on when other regions will be enabled.

For now, you have to set your Region to US or UK to use Cortana
    Microsoft wrote:
    Why isn't Cortana in my region or language?

Cortana is available in the following countries/regions: China, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, and United States. Cortana is available in these languages: Chinese (Simplified), English (U.K.), English (U.S.), French, Italian, German, and Spanish
    To use Cortana, all these settings must be set to the same language:•Languages (this is your device language)
    •Speech language (language pack must be installed)
    •Country or region

Note: If you change your region, you might not be able to shop at Store, or use things you've purchased, like memberships and subscriptions, games, movies, TV, and music.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

Bayberry wrote: »
    No, it's not you - Cortana has only been "released" for a few of the bigger regions so far, unfortunately. No word yet on when other regions will be enabled.

For now, you have to set your Region to US or UK to use Cortana

That won't affect anything, other than currency information right??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

dpjmie wrote: »
    That won't affect anything, other than currency information right??

Things like news story feeds for different apps may be affected. I.e getting American news stories etc

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Things like news story feeds for different apps may be affected. I.e getting American news stories etc

Cool, I use my mac mostly, but I enjoy the news and sports feeds in windows 10 so ill just forget Cortana for now

Cheers
    dpjmie

Advertisement