Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liffey Celbridge to Leixlip

Options
  • 04-08-2015 6:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭

Just wondering who controls the stretch between Celbridge and Leixlip. I can see straffan to just below Celbridge is under a club, as is Lucan onwards but the bit in between seems to be mysterious! Can anyone shed any light?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

no one controls it.. i used to fish there, dont anymore to much arseholes goin down there during the summer evenings. the place gets poached to bits. Well u cant really call it poaching because ur allowed take 4 fish a day up to 25cm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

From the rye confluence down to the waterworks in Leixlip is controlled by the Leixlip and District AA. Signs are present. Castletown and Lucan demesne are not controlled as far as I know. The rights in Castletown belong to the owner of the estate (is that the OPW now?) but they are not enforced.

Advertisement