Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Remittance Question

Options
  • 04-08-2015 7:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a quick question. I'm currently in Japan and have set up an account here to remit money back to my BOI account. They have just sent me a letter confirming my details which includes the swift number, bank address and account number. The only problem is my address. My name is correct and everything else except in the first line there is an extra 'e', so there are three 'e's' when there should only be two. For example Neeed instead of Need. 

I'm just wondering if this will be a problem when they try to put the transfer through or is having the account number, swift code and name correct enough? It's very obviously a typo!

Rectifying it with the Japanese company is going to be a huge pain and I would like to avoid it if there won't actually be a problem. 

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi,

I have a quick question. I'm currently in Japan and have set up an account here to remit money back to my BOI account. They have just sent me a letter confirming my details which includes the swift number, bank address and account number. The only problem is my address. My name is correct and everything else except in the first line there is an extra 'e', so there are three 'e's' when there should only be two. For example Neeed instead of Need. 

I'm just wondering if this will be a problem when they try to put the transfer through or is having the account number, swift code and name correct enough? It's very obviously a typo!

Rectifying it with the Japanese company is going to be a huge pain and I would like to avoid it if there won't actually be a problem. 

Thanks.
    Hi R.D. aka MR.D,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

We would recommend that you clarify the account information is correct with your Japan bank.

We would always advise all information match personal details however a small error such as an extra 'e' should not cause an issue, although we are unable to confirm this will be the case.

It may be best to have the Japan bank amend your details to ensure there will be no problem with your transfers.

Hope this helps,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. 

I'll ring them tomorrow and try to change it. 

Thanks again. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. 

I'll ring them tomorrow and try to change it. 

Thanks again. 
    Hi R.D. aka MR.D,

You’re welcome.

Thanks again for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

Tara C

Advertisement