Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scale on laptop has changed

Options
  • 04-08-2015 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

During the weekend, the scale and size of things on my laptop has changed. Everythingfrom the window on my login screen, to even the icons on the dashboard (they all fitted, now a little triangle is there, so I can click on that to view the ones that are now no longer visible). I haven't changed the settings or done anything that should cause this, and I've tried Ctrl, Alt and +/-, but that doesn't solve it.

What could have caused this, any ideas? I've run virus scans, and changed the size of things in Settings to 'small', but it's made no difference. To change the settings to small, I had to log out and back in to my laptop, so I don't understand how the size of everything has changed without me having to do something like that.

Any ideas?

Anybody know how to restore appearance to default/factory settings? I can't see the option. I've Windows 8, by the way.

Thank you.

Comments

Did you check the resolution?
    right click on the desk top

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

ash777 wrote: »
    and I've tried Ctrl, Alt and +/-, but that doesn't solve it.

I'm not sure what that's supposed to do on the desktop, to my mind it does nothing.

Holding Ctrl and using the mouse scroll wheel will zoom in and out the size of your desktop and also text in many applications like browser, word etc.
    I think that's what you or someone else accidentally did to mess it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

This happened to me on W10 yesterday, I fixed it by opening the Catalyst Control Centre and turning on the option for Make my GPU upscale

Don't know if you've an AMD chip or even the CCC but worth a shot

Advertisement