Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled order - EMobile still attempting to bill me

Options
  • 04-08-2015 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭

I ordered a sim for 35 a month 3 weeks ago on a Sunday. The confirmation email instructed to not contact Eircom about the order for 24 hours (or when the order had already been processed & sent it turns out)

After being given a 28 day cancellation by my current provider I called after 24 hours to cancel, and yes the order had been sent. I was told to refuse delivery and reorder when my current plan with my current provider was up.

I refused delivery the following day.

A week later I got a Sepa billing notice from eMobile. I called eMobile and explained the order was refused. The girl on the phone cancelled my account, I asked her to take all my bank details off your system.

Last Thursday I then received a bill from eMobile, showing my bank details for €58 euro. €58?!!!! And how am I still even on your billing system? And why is it €58, when it should be €35?!?! It should be €0.00 but who's counting!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Really? So you don't care about billing people who aren't customers, who did as told to cancel their account?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

Really? So you don't care about billing people who aren't customers, who did as told to cancel their account?
    They have an 88% response time - one of the worst of all the company reps here...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

I ordered a sim for 35 a month 3 weeks ago on a Sunday. The confirmation email instructed to not contact Eircom about the order for 24 hours (or when the order had already been processed & sent it turns out)

After being given a 28 day cancellation by my current provider I called after 24 hours to cancel, and yes the order had been sent. I was told to refuse delivery and reorder when my current plan with my current provider was up.

I refused delivery the following day.

A week later I got a Sepa billing notice from eMobile. I called eMobile and explained the order was refused. The girl on the phone cancelled my account, I asked her to take all my bank details off your system.

Last Thursday I then received a bill from eMobile, showing my bank details for €58 euro. €58?!!!! And how am I still even on your billing system? And why is it €58, when it should be €35?!?! It should be €0.00 but who's counting!!
    Request a repayment from your bank of the "unauthorised DD". AFAIK you DON'T need any reason (good or bad) and the bank are obliged to comply because of the SEPA DD Rules!

They have an 88% response time - one of the worst of all the company reps here...

It's funny, I was still going to join them when my other contract was up, but their insistence on billing me and ignoring my requests is unbelievable. I'm not a customer, yet they have my bank details and are billing me, even overcharging me on a plan that I never received. This horrible experience on a sim only 28 day plan....I feel sorry for those of you in 18 month contracts with them.

GrumpyMe wrote: »
    Request a repayment from your bank of the "unauthorised DD". AFAIK you DON'T need any reason (good or bad) and the bank are obliged to comply because of the SEPA DD Rules!

Will do...just hope it stops there and I receive no more bills from them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

GrumpyMe wrote: »

Will do...just hope it stops there and I receive no more bills from them!
    A Direct Debit is an instruction from you to your bank!
    (It is usually delivered by a third party, EMobile in this case).
    If you instruct your bank to cancel the DD they are obliged to do so! There might be some forms etc to fill in but it is your money and only you can authorise who can (and can't) take it from your bank account!

Advertisement