Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment Balcony Decking

Options
  • 04-08-2015 10:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi all,

My decking has rotted and broken in a number of places on my balcony. Do anyone has any experience with similar problems as I am trying to establish if it is my responsibility to replace this or is it a management company issue?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Do you own the apartment or rent? I don't think it's a management company issue if it's a private balcony.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Davesh1

In my apartment block the Management Company own the balconies so not sure who's responsible

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Usually it's a management company issue.

Contact your management agent and let them know your concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Very rare that an individual unit owns its balconies. It's a bit strange, but it tends to work.

Yeah, I'd ring your agent first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭mbradso2003

Do you own the apartment or rent? I don't think it's a management company issue if it's a private balcony.

I own apartment. I was thinking it may be management company issue as they effectively own balconies hence rules on bikes, satellite dishes etc.

I will contact MC but was hoping for bit of advice before doing so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I own apartment. I was thinking it may be management company issue as they effectively own balconies hence rules on bikes, satellite dishes etc.

I will contact MC but was hoping for bit of advice before doing so.

I wasn't sure, but others have clarified that they are usually in charge of the balconies.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭otwb1

It's usually the management company, but is probably defined in your lease. Just call your management agent and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What is under the rotten timber? Concrete or thin air?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Davesh1

It's probably a steel structure with air perforations, mine is anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭mbradso2003

Victor wrote: »
    What is under the rotten timber? Concrete or thin air?

Its Rotten Timber.. Thankfully concrete structure which I believe is covered with some sort of asphalt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement