Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul Williams on crime in Littleton

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

jooksavage wrote: »
    Paul Williams had a report in the Indo yesterday about the ongoing crimewave in my own lovely Littleton.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/crime-is-destroying-the-community-we-feel-so-vulnerable-31422585.html

The accompanying video is pretty good. I especially like the way they neglected to take out the swearing at about 2.30:

"I get the usual f**kin' victim of crime letter"

In fairness its being going on quite a few years now. I don't know how many times I've heard clohessys was raided

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

lollsangel wrote: »
    In fairness its being going on quite a few years now. I don't know how many times I've heard clohessys was raided

I agree. I didn't mean to be flippant. My father often gets the paper and a few "messages" there in the morning and has come home, more than a few times, reporting the latest break in. Must be a pain in the arse trying to keep a small business in the face of that/

I agree. I didn't mean to be flippant. My father often gets the paper and a few "messages" there in the morning and has come home, more than a few times, reporting the latest break in. Must be a pain in the arse trying to keep a small business in the face of that/

Still someone must know something. I found the fact that people are robbing grave particularly jarring...ha I didn't mean you were flippant, I meant its happened so many times now we're all just immune to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

lollsangel wrote: »
    Still someone must know something. I found the fact that people are robbing grave particularly jarring...ha I didn't mean you were flippant, I meant its happened so many times now we're all just immune to it

I've heard a few names mentioned over the years, especially in relation to the fuel theft (you've probably heard those names yourself) - but I guess the Guards don't have enough to stick a charge on them or aren't being given the resources to follow up.

And the stuff with the graves... that's just ghoulish.

I've heard a few names mentioned over the years, especially in relation to the fuel theft (you've probably heard those names yourself) - but I guess the Guards don't have enough to stick a charge on them or aren't being given the resources to follow up.

And the stuff with the graves... that's just ghoulish.

Yeah I guess that we've all heard certain names but without proof nothing much can be done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

The guards couldn't be bothered chasing these scum down,the justice system in this country is gone to hell.

tippspur wrote: »
    The guards couldn't be bothered chasing these scum down,the justice system in this country is gone to hell.

Justice is non existant and we've had pleb after pleb as minister in this country. Such as that Clown Alan Shatter who would be ignorant about Tipperary's existance never mind Littletons. There was actually attempted arson on that Gardaí station some years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Gardaí say they’ve made several arrests in relation to a crime wave sweeping through Mid Tipp.

title
    The county's Chief Superintendent gave the assure to Littleton residents at a meeting with representatives yesterday evening following 3 years of repeated break-ins and other criminal activity - which has resulted in thousands of euro worth of goods and cash taken.

It spurred residents to demand action - Superintendent Catherine Keogh says progress is being made and investigations are ongoing.

John Tully, who owns a shop in Twomileborris attended the meeting yesterday...he says they were told that progress is being made but John says that the local community have to play their part.

http://tippfm.com/news/news_detail/gardai_pledge_resources_to_tackle_littleton_crime_wave

Note the Thurles district has lost 6 Garda cars since Fine Gael-Labour got in to power.

Chris___ wrote: »
    http://tippfm.com/news/news_detail/gardai_pledge_resources_to_tackle_littleton_crime_wave

Note the Thurles district has lost 6 Garda cars since Fine Gael-Labour got in to power.

I used to meet one squad car driving the circle from thurles to Littleton to borris when I used to finish work at 1am

Advertisement