Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return of period after birth (formula feeding)

Options
  • 04-08-2015 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi,

Just a quick question... When did your period return after giving birth, I've been formula feeding from the start, never breast fed, it's 8 weeks now and I still haven't got my period, guess im afraid I could be pregnant again, been having nausea so just a bit anxious bout it, is it even possible to be pregnant again so soon? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It is possible to be pregnant again.
    I usually got mine back within 3-4 weeks of stopping breast feeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Petal765

That's what I was thinking... Just having really strange dreams which was the first symptom I had the last time, don't know if I just being paranoid, don't know if it's too soon to take a test or not, guess I just have to hold out and see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

mine didn't return until around 11 weeks. had only breastfed for 2 weeks. my sister in law was about the same, she hadn't breastfed at all. I wasn't worried because I knew there was no possible way I was pregnant!!

I wouldn't be worried either but there is a small chance I could be, we weren't exactly safe the first time, hence the worry :( you think I'd know better... I guess it's only been 8 weeks so early days yet,

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

Petal765 wrote:
    I wouldn't be worried either but there is a small chance I could be, we weren't exactly safe the first time, hence the worry you think I'd know better... I guess it's only been 8 weeks so early days yet,

oh, its said your more fertile straight after pregnancy, don't even know when it would be possible to test positive in that situation but if your concerned maybe just get a test and check. might ease your worries a bit. But as I said mine werent back for another few weeks anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

I formula fed from birth and got my period back at 8 weeks. I don't think it's unusual for it to take 8-10 weeks to return. How long ago was the unprotected sex? Do you think it's too early for a pregnancy test?

It was 2 weeks ago, so I should be able to test soon, I think I'm just being paranoid, it's the nausea and strange dreams that are making me stress more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

It's completely possible to get pregnant so soon after, or else Irish Twins wouldn't be a thing! If you had unprotected sex then there's always a chance, I'd test soon if it was 2 weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

I breastfed for the first three days and formula from there and I got mine bang on ten weeks. I did have very obvious ovulation symptoms too and my boobs have been aching. They were the same symptoms I had when I found out I was pregnant so I think you can get heightened symptoms for your first period post partum. Do a test to be sure though, they tesco own brand ones are brilliant!

Did a test this morning and it was negative, don't know if I tested too early but I'll wait and see, you know Allirog I think you could be right bout it feeling like pms, hopefully I will get it soon and put my mind at ease for definite

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

10 weeks here and formula fed since birth. Said it to the doc at 9 weeks and he said the most common reason is pregnancy. Nearly died but I knew it was exceptionally unlikely in our case-we'd have been incredibly unlucky!

Advertisement