Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zoom H4N and tapping Church / Hotel audio

• 04-08-2015 11:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Does anybody have any experience with respect to using Zooms?

What would I need or how would I go about setting a zoom to "tap" the audio coming from a MIC either in a church or a hotel ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭W0LFMAN

I use H4N aoom. its perfect, just bring a pocket full of AA batteries.

Cost around 160-200 euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

W0LFMAN wrote: »
    I use H4N aoom. its perfect, just bring a pocket full of AA batteries.

Cost around 160-200 euros.

Do you connect straight to the venues PA system for source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭Kenny Bania

MugMugs wrote: »
    Do you connect straight to the venues PA system for source?

I know what you're trying to do.

Use a small mixing desk - put the mics going into it - then send 1 line to your recorder, and the other to the PA. That way you can control the output volume.
    The PA likely has a line-out, but it could be overdriven & peaking - I'd prefer to have full control over what I'm recording. So you take the sources (music, mics, etc), mix them in your mixer, and then you give them to the PA.

I have one of these.
    http://medias.audiofanzine.com/images/normal/mackie-402-vlz3-613861.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sarah_anne

Hi I am using the H4n to record singing vocals along to some backing tracks. Im getting an ok sound but id like to tweek my tracks after ive bounced it. Is this possible?? such as change the volume and base etc on track 1 so the voice sits better into the music

many thanks

Advertisement