Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accidental Double Loan payment

Options
  • 04-08-2015 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Myself and my husband have a current accounts and a personal loan with BoI.

His salary was delayed going into the account last week and so, the SO for the loan was missed.

When his salary did go in, I manually paid in the loan payment from my current account via Online Banking 365.  But then the following day the SO was taken again.  So essentially we have paid the loan payment "twice" .

I have spoken to someone in 365 phone banking, who spoke to someone in our branch who then referred me to Group Credit Operations, who said they can't help me.

Is there any way of resolving this?  Unfortunately we cannot afford to make two loan payments in one month.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

ButtonyBoo wrote: »
    Myself and my husband have a current accounts and a personal loan with BoI.

His salary was delayed going into the account last week and so, the SO for the loan was missed.

When his salary did go in, I manually paid in the loan payment from my current account via Online Banking 365.  But then the following day the SO was taken again.  So essentially we have paid the loan payment "twice" .

I have spoken to someone in 365 phone banking, who spoke to someone in our branch who then referred me to Group Credit Operations, who said they can't help me.

Is there any way of resolving this?  Unfortunately we cannot afford to make two loan payments in one month.
    Hi ButtonyBoo, 

Thanks for your post.

Due to nature of your query, we recommend you go into you Branch and discuss this with an Advisor, as they can advise on this.

If it is possible you may need to sign to have the payment refunded.

Thanks

Janette

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ButtonyBoo

Thanks for that, i'll pop into the branch tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

ButtonyBoo wrote: »
    Thanks for that, i'll pop into the branch tomorrow.
    You’re welcome, thanks again for contacting us here via Boards.ie.

Tara C

Advertisement