Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online transfers problem - no special characters allowed in message field (?!?)

Options
  • 04-08-2015 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi BOI,

I make online transfers abroad very often
    and today I have noticed that I can't input any special characters in "message" field.

Characters as "/" or "-" are crucial so I am able to input my user account or invoice numbers
    so the reciever knows who is paying and for what. Today BOI system did not accept any of these symbols.

BOI should bring back that possibility ASAP as it created serious difficulties for customers.

Thanks
    Michael

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi michaelp123, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

Regrettably, special characters are not accepted when making Online Transfers however, you can replace them with alphanumeric characters or possibly the underscore character where appropriate. 

As always, we appreciate our customers feedback and we will forward your suggestions to our Online Development team. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement