Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question

Options
  • 04-08-2015 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

I am seeking some advice.

I am considering enrolling my son in junior cert grinds as he is starting third year in September, but unsure where to go.

I saw flyers for some place called DIS (dis.ie)Does anyone know anything about it?

There are other places around, but this one is in Dublin 1, which suits me. Just wondering what it is like?

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rorytierney

Hi,

Been lurking for a while but this is my first post.

I am running out of time to find grinds for my kid.

Any experience with this dis place? The website seems ok and their are testimonials but would like to hear from someone who used them on boards

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Looking at the whois information for the domain, it appears to be owned/run by a person called Imran Molvi - not a name I am familiar with from Irish education circles.

No mention of qualifications/experience of the tutors, Garda vetting etc..

If it was a child known to me was asking, my answer would involve the words 'bargepole' and 'not touch'.

As a member of the Teachers' Club, I am appalled they are using the club as an address, thereby giving their setup a sheen of authenticity. Their testimonials are easily made up.
    (spurious is a god among mods - John S.)

Ahah! I see both yourself 'Rory' and 'Colm' before you are posting from the same IP.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

I don't think you need to be signing up for Junior Cert grinds. If your child had particular difficulties one to one attention would be better to address those difficulties.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

tina1040 wrote: »
    I don't think you need to be signing up for Junior Cert grinds. If your child had particular difficulties one to one attention would be better to address those difficulties.

I agree completely.
    It disgusts me that some people prey on the fears of parents and children to make themselves a quick buck.

I'm going to leave this thread up, so people can see the underhand methods used by DIS to promote themselves and then they can make their own minds up as to what sort of a company they are.

Contacted the Teachers' Club about this and they will make sure any using of their address by this crowd will stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭masterofchess1

to be honest grinds are a waste of time, especially for the jc. you'd be better off to keep your money. There should be nothing too difficult to understand at this level and also they dont teach you a lot as you can imagine. You should tell your child to work at the parts they find hard and definitely stop funding such nonsense.

Advertisement