Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

run down buliding, help please

Options
  • 04-08-2015 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

just looking for some information.

The problem:
    I live in a small village that has 1 main street. On this street there are a few rundown buildings and one in particular is a bad way, has a few holes in the roof. We live across from it and can see the tiles are lifting in high winds and I have found a couple of smashed tiles on the street after the very bad weather of last winter.

I don't know who owns the property, it's quite old and run down. I'm trying to find out who I could contact in the Cork County Council, is there a specific department that would deal with this sort of thing.

In my opinion its a safety concern as its on a main street, someone could be taken out by one of those tiles falling.

any help would be great.

Thanks

Metal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Council might be able to issue a dereliction order but might be difficult to enforce. There was huge issues with a burnt out hotel in Mallow a few years ago.

Advertisement