Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best browser for Facebook mobile???

• 04-08-2015 1:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭

I'm running a beta of iOS 9, and the extra details it gives about battery use are great.....turns out the native Facebook app does a load of stuff in the background even with background refresh and notifications turned off.

So, I decided to try out the the m.facebook site on Safari, and it looks okay. Not as pretty as the app, but it works just fine.

Thing is, I have 2 Facebook accounts that I need to keep an eye on. Rather than logging out and changing accounts within Safari, I thought it would be easier to use a different browser for the second account.

I've tried Dolphin, Chrome, Mercury, Opera Mini and Coast. The all load the Facebook page with really tiny text and misaligned photos. It looks awful and unreadable (see the attachment).

I've played around with changing the "agent" from desktop to mobile, but nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions on which browser displays the m.facebook site properly?

Maybe it's an iOS 9 beta issue, but I'd have thought that if the browser app runs on iOS 9, then the page should display properly?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

how about using the dedicated Facebook pages app I use it for all the pages I manage and find it does the job grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

how about using the dedicated Facebook pages app I use it for all the pages I manage and find it does the job grand.

Does it work on pages from multiple accounts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yes, currently using it for 4 pages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

yes, currently using it for 4 pages.

Thanks. I've had a look at that. It might do me as a work around. It can't handle pages from different accounts, though, unless you log out and back in to the second account. I'll see how I get on with Safari for the mobile version of Facebook for my personal account, and the Pages app for the stuff I manage with my second account.

Advertisement