Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm company no longer in business

Options
  • 04-08-2015 1:29pm

Hi, just looking for a little advice.
    I have my house 6 years, it has an alarm, on the doors and windows. Currently isn't working as I had new windows fitted and the alarms were just cut off the old frames.
    The alarm company that fitted it, before o owned the house is no longer in business.

Do I need a whole new system? Can it just be patched up?
    Approximately how much would it cost? I realise that's like how long is a piece of string, but I know nothing about alarms etc just need a basic one.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A lot of it has to do with the system that is there at the moment. If that's in fairly decent condition along with the wiring you shouldn't be looking at too much. Maybe €200 or less allowing for time involved. After that its if wiring needs to be re run or junctioned etc.After that we would need to see it.
    If it gets much more expensive you might be better putting the money towards an upgrade. Depending, ofcourse, on what panel is there at present.

Advertisement