Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamescom

Options
  • 04-08-2015 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭

Didn't see any thread for this in general. Should be a lot of good stuff shown at announced at Gamescom going by previous years. Pity Sony aren't involved but I imagine they'll still have the odd thing to show on the show floor.

I'm not entirely sure but I believe the Xbox conference is at 3.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Bungie/Destiny will be there apparently *tumbleweed for effect*

Cologne is such a lovely city, well worth a visit. That cathedral is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,967 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

tok9 wrote: »
    I'm not entirely sure but I believe the Xbox conference is at 3.

Spot on mister :) It's on at 3 PM.

And on another note, I wonder will Ubisoft mention Watch_Dogs 2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I very much doubt Sony will be showing anything off. As they showed at E3 they have nothing coming this year and well into the next. If there is any presence I'd say it will only be Media Molecule showing off their tech.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Re: Sony, they might be showing off the games below.
    Sony Computer Entertainment

Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4)
    Project Morpheus (PS4)
    Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4)
    Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection (PS4)
    Until Dawn (PS4)
    Tearaway Unfolded (PS4)

Not sure how accurate this list is, but if its accurate, I just spoiled Gamescom for myself, no surprises for me ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamescom#Gamescom_2015

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

should be interesting this year, XCOM2 gameplay promised, more on Fallout4 and the new wow expansion (possibly the last one evar) to be revealed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Watching the Xbox conference and Quantum Break looks class. Didn't realise that Aiden Gillen was in it, looks like he could be the main antagonist.

Watching the Xbox conference and Quantum Break looks class. Didn't realise that Aiden Gillen was in it, looks like he could be the main antagonist.

And that guy from the following, looking like he's playing the same part he played in the following too. Still not convinced this will be anything more than an average game that there will be more talk about before it comes out than after.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Scalebounds Protagonist might be a contender for most annoying playable character ever

Scalebound looks beautiful. Just hope its Bayonetta Platinum and not Legend of Korra Platinum.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

2 years later and they're still talking about TV :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

And that guy from the following, looking like he's playing the same part he played in the following too. Still not convinced this will be anything more than an average game that there will be more talk about before it comes out than after.

Can't stand him. Would seriously put me off purchasing if he features lots and I have to listen to whiney voice.

From now on all Games with Gold 360 games will also be backwards compatible on Xbox One. Nice little bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Interested in more Fallout 4 info and xcom2.

Also interested in developments in Star Citizen

Dark Souls 3 in the MS presser ??? :eek:

Dark Souls 3 in the MS presser ??? :eek:

Don't think it means anything as Sony aren't at Gamescom. Looks incredible mind you.

Homefront is still a thing?

Don't think it means anything as Sony aren't at Gamescom. Looks incredible mind you.

Aye I know , was just unexpected and gameplay too :)

WHo is the female voice in Homefront ????? Sounds really familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Scalebound looks beautiful. Just hope its Bayonetta Platinum and not Legend of Korra Platinum.
    Korra would have been made by a small team on a tiny budget. Scalebound looks to be a tad different so I wouldn't worry too much about that :)

Nero's Devil Bringer seems to have gotten a bit scalier since his last console outing to be honest.

Jesus. I love me some Halo but these two gimps are just painful. Supose that's the way Microsoft see things going, trying to push the esports angle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looking forward to Mafia 3, NBA 2K16, Dark Souls 3, Mirror's Edge, Need 4 Speed and Deus Ex. Still hoping UFC 2 will be announced at it but looking doubtful.

December 1 for Just Cause 3 with Just Cause 2 included for free.

Not sure what to make of Tomb Raider now :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Wow, Xbox are killing it.

What time is Sony's conference on at?

Wow, Xbox are killing it.

What time is Sony's conference on at?

Thought they were next up, could be wrong though.

Wow Halo Wars 2 by Creative Assembly, did not expect that. Really nice little bonus at the end.

There is no Sony conference, they're not having one this year. Think they announced all they had at E3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

The amount of buzzwords...

That was a whole load of nothing. Bunch of timed exclusives and PC games. Also, 1 gorillion dollars for competitive FPS... played on gamepad.

Microsoft...

That was a whole load of nothing. Bunch of timed exclusives and PC games. Also, 1 gorillion dollars for competitive FPS... played on gamepad.

Microsoft...

WIndows 10 too so mouse and kb for those that want them

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Microsoft...

You must have missed Quantum Break, Scalebound, Crackdown and Ark coming to game preview as well as the backward compatability announcement. Maybe you should watch it again

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You must have missed Quantum Break, Scalebound, Crackdown and Ark coming to game preview as well as the backward compatability announcement. Maybe you should watch it again

Did they give a date for the Ark preview?

Advertisement