Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamescom

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Here's a link to a list of the conferences and times. I cant see Sony listed???

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-08-03-gamescom-2015-guide-conference-times-streams-and-announcements-4014

I am I right in saying that Sony have decided not to show up???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Maybe you should watch it again

I'm not a fan of torturing myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Did they give a date for the Ark preview?

Just Winter

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Here's a link to a list of the conferences and times. I cant see Sony listed???

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-08-03-gamescom-2015-guide-conference-times-streams-and-announcements-4014

I am I right in saying that Sony have decided not to show up???

They will have some games on the show floor but no conferences as they have nothing to show.

They will have some games on the show floor but no conferences as they have nothing to show.
    Holy ****, that's pretty damning.

I didn't think things were that bad with Sony regarding lack of first party titles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

To be fair, Sony showed most of their big titles at E3 whereas MS pushed most of their bigger announcements back to this. Not really surprising the latter was going to have the stronger showing at this event.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I didn't think things were that bad with Sony regarding lack of first party titles.

Let's not start this sort of nonsense again. Sony aren't having a conference, end of. Let's just discuss what's being shown, yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Halo wars 2 cant wait for that.

Scalebond game play looks fantastic cant wait to play that next year.

City Skylines coming to the xbox one as well that was a crazy. There starting to take the risks of bring proper city management games to the xbox one. As crazy as it sounds I would love for EA to bring out Sim City 4 for the xbox one LoL.

Also over a 100 games so far from the 360 are going to be able to be played on the xbox one cant wait.

I used to be a major Sony fan boy back with the PS3 but every 1st party game from the PS4 has been a huge disappointment for me I haven't liked any of them. When I class the order 1886 as there best 1st party game that says a lot. There is also noting that I wont coming out from the console as well other then Uncarted remastered and number 4. While the xbox one has endless amounts of games coming for it.

Ms know they missed up at the start of the xbox one life and now there really recovering it. They have also made a fantastic new OS in windows 10 witch I am loving on my Surface Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I was underwhelmed, but starting to see the X-Box One as better value for money now that the backwards compatibility is growing and the exclusives are starting to come thick and fast

I wonder how Cities: Skylines will work with a controller it could be tricky to play. If Ark is optimised well enough it will be fantastic, at least the game preview has a trial so its possible to check how it plays before buying it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Any update on how backwards compatibility performs? Last time I saw the benchmarks the XBO was running the games worse than the 360 did. Damn I miss my B/C fat PS3.

Let's not start this sort of nonsense again. Sony aren't having a conference, end of. Let's just discuss what's being shown, yeah?

There's no nonsense there, just suprised. It's always Microsoft up first and then Sony. I was looking forward to seeing what both had to offer.

Anyways, since we can't talk about who isn't there it's been a fantastic show for Xbox. Quantum break looks incredible. I am looking forward to seeing the tv show that will be on the xbox one. The halo one was desperate but it looks like there a decent actors in this one.

So much coming in Nov/Dec. crackdown multiplayer looks like it will be crazy fun.

Free backward compatibility is just fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Quantum break looks incredible. I am looking forward to seeing the tv show that will be on the xbox one. The halo one was desperate but it looks like there a decent actors in this one.

Is it a tv show that you watch outside of the game - i.e. a completely seperate experience, or is integrated like FMV cutscenes?

There's no nonsense there, just suprised. It's always Microsoft up first and then Sony. I was looking forward to seeing what both had to offer.

Anyways, since we can't talk about who isn't there it's been a fantastic show for Xbox. Quantum break looks incredible. I am looking forward to seeing the tv show that will be on the xbox one. The halo one was desperate but it looks like there a decent actors in this one.

So much coming in Nov/Dec. crackdown multiplayer looks like it will be crazy fun.

Free backward compatibility is just fantastic.

For backwards compatability at the moment you only need to put the disc in once and you download the game. Pop down to xtra vision or find a friend with a massive disc collection and your set. GWG will be nice for the collection

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

For backwards compatability at the moment you only need to put the disc in once and you download the game. Pop down to xtra vision or find a friend with a massive disc collection and your set

The disc needs to be inserted every time you want to play the game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

For backwards compatability at the moment you only need to put the disc in once and you download the game. Pop down to xtra vision or find a friend with a massive disc collection and your set

no, you still need to have the disc to launch the game. digital games are the same as current gen.

no, you still need to have the disc to launch the game. digital games are the same as current gen.

Ah right, maybe I bought perfect dark digitally last gen and don't remember :D

Is it a tv show that you watch outside of the game - i.e. a completely seperate experience, or is integrated like FMV cutscenes?
    Oh, I am not sure. I thought It was maybe a few episodes that are tied to the game in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 garry18

So going by that, it is pretty damning for Microsoft not having a conference at Paris Games week, when Sony are having one there?

It's integrated as part of the game and is supposedly shaped by your in game choices.
    Speaking during a demo of the game at Gamescom, Lake said Quantum Break will feature "junctions in time," which are moments where players make choices critical to the game's storyline. For example, there are moments where players will play as the bad guy and, through this, they will see his plans and get a look at different potential futures.

"You as a player get to explore those glimpses, and you get to make the decision as to which future will come to pass," Lake said. "You make that choice, and that is the reality that will happen. Right after that, we go into an episode of the live-action TV show, and the consequences of that come into play in your version of the show. You see that future happening. From that point onwards, the consequences carry on both on the show side and on the game side for the rest of the game."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Scalebound could, nay, should be immense, but I hope the number crunching, Monster Hunter-ness doesn't get in the way of the immediacy of the action. Hideki Kamiya excels at punchy, tangible combat systems, so hopefully he can marry the RPG aspects seen in the gameplay without undermining it in the process. If anyone can do it...

A video focused entirely on murder doesn't instill me with optimism Crystal Dynamics learned the right lessons with the first Tomb Raider reboot :/

garry18 wrote: »
    So going by that, it is pretty damning for Microsoft not having a conference at Paris Games week, when Sony are having one there?
    Well, this is GameCom we are talking about. It's a whole other level in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I look at Quantum Break and think it sounds cool and looks very pretty but everytime I see gameplay I just fear it won't be a challenging game at all.

No idea what it'll do with the Tv show but it looks to have a pretty decent cast, by game standards it's excellent.

Just watched some other trailers. Just Cause 3 and Dark Souls 3 being the picks. Thought the Homefront CGI trailer was cool while the gameplay trailer looked like a Ubisoft game.

I'll definitely need to see more Scalebound but I'm definitely intrigued.

Anyone have links for the Tomb Raider and Crackdown trailers?

Edit: It's a little odd that they used the same montage from E3 at the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

tok9 wrote: »
    Anyone have links for the Tomb Raider and Crackdown trailers?

Edit: It's a little odd that they used the same montage from E3 at the beginning.

Had it on in the background there.

We Happy Few was the coolest thing I saw. Got some Bioshock vibes off that.

Crackdown looked a little bare.. it was more of a dev diary. I don't know much on it as a series so it looked a bit too raw right now.

I'm a bit conflicted on Tomb Raider. It was easily the best gameplay they've shown so far. I love going around stealthy in games. My issue with it is that I just don't think that's Tomb Raider, I kind of wish it was some other game. So from a game perspective I'm in but from a narrative perspective, I don't really like where they are going with Lara Croft.

Good Conference though.

I missed the trailer for this earlier. Interesting idea

I missed the trailer for this earlier. Interesting idea

Wow missed that earlier , definitely interested in that one.

Yup, that's the one. I was really feeling the vibes from the trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,967 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm looking forward to playing Crackdown 3 next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

star wars battlefront gamescon trailer

Advertisement