Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamescom

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Mirror's Edge looked really good. Again, Unraveled looks gorgeous and even though I don't like the movies, Battlefront looks like a load of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Ah crap, looks like I will be preordering Battlefront so.

That looks too good.

Mirror's Edge as good as it looks, I'd nearly wait and see it it comes to EA Access.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,005 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

peteeeed wrote: »
    star wars battlefront gamescon trailer

Star destroyers in a planets atmosphere? **** EA and Abrams

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

VinLieger wrote: »

I'd like faux-realism to stay well away from Star Wars thank you very much. "It looks cool" is the only justification anything should need in that regard. :P

In fairness, Lucas had it in the prequels too, we saw those early Star Destroyer type ships in the atmosphere over Geonosis.
    (no idea what the size difference is between those SDs and the ones from the original trilogy).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

If you're going to get worked up over that then might I suggest you avoid playing The Force Unleashed? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,005 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    In fairness, Lucas had it in the prequels too, we saw those early Star Destroyer type ships in the atmosphere over Geonosis.
    (no idea what the size difference is between those SDs and the ones from the original trilogy).

The Star Destroyers in original trilogy are meant to be over twice the size of the troop ships from the prequels that were on Geonosis.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

maybe the laws of gravity don't apply on that fictitious planet

Oh god.. don't get started on the logic of Star Wars. There is none.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ah, Mafia 2. It's a game up there with Legend of Dragoon that totally baffles me with the amount of love it gets because it's so bad. Just hope the third game is a massive improvement on the second which was an insult to what the first Mafia game achieved.

Ya I played a small bit when it was on PS+ but I just couldn't stick with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

I'm over at Gamescom. Played some Battlefront yesterday. It was the same Hoth level they showed at E3 so i was a tad bummed I didnt get to try the new stuff they showed. But what I did play was pretty good. It feels absolutely true to star wars in every way and my initial worries about it just being a reskinned Battlefield have been relieved a bit. (I say a bit because its still very Battlefieldy).

I have some pictures of the event ill throw up when I get better wifi than this woeful hotel stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

chupacabra wrote: »
    I'm over at Gamescom. Played some Battlefront yesterday. It was the same Hoth level they showed at E3 so i was a tad bummed I didnt get to try the new stuff they showed. But what I did play was pretty good. It feels absolutely true to star wars in every way and my initial worries about it just being a reskinned Battlefield have been relieved a bit. (I say a bit because its still very Battlefieldy).

I have some pictures of the event ill throw up when I get better wifi than this woeful hotel stuff

Any other games that are standing out on the show floor ?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Any other games that are standing out on the show floor ?

I spent a lot of time in the business area yesterday so I didnt get to spend as much time in the general entertainment area as i would have liked. But the Division is shaping up well, Just Cause 3 is a ridiculous amount of fun (no multiplayer though:() they had a long Fallout 4 presentation that just showed random bits of gameplay that had some of the biggest lines. I think people thought it was playable :pac:

Im about to head back today and spend the entire day in the entertainment halls.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

One thing I just copped about Quantum Break. Where has the original actor gone? Zach from saved by the bell was originally the hero wasn't he? now its the guy who played iceman in x-men? I cant find any mention of it anywhere online.

....now its the guy who played iceman in x-men? I cant find any mention of it anywhere online.

Shawn Ashmore. That guy is enough to put me off getting the game. He looks like a child and sounds like one too. A total wimpy looking and sounding lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

fairly unimpressed by the blizzard team and their new wow expansion 'Legion'

:(

Oh this Blizzard conference has set a precedent as the worst of the year... so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Koei Tecmo are doing a Attack on Titan game for playstation platforms....damn I'd love for Platinum to make a game on that IP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

"Lets hear some love for Dalaran! Woo!" /faceslap repeatedly.

I know UbiSoft get some slack for having Aisha Tyler as the presenter for their E3 shows, but at least they recognise that most game developers simply can not communicate to large crowds. More often than not, the speakers are wooden, afraid to move, struggle to speak clearly and are very nervous (lead developer for Unravel is a good example). Some are quite good though: Todd Howard and Sam Lake.

The jokes. The worst part is the jokes. :(

Do people complain about Aisha Tyler? She usually seems to save Ubisoft I find.

That was a proper old school presentation. Even ended by saying "Thank you for watching out powerpoint presentation" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

tok9 wrote: »

That was a proper old school presentation. Even ended by saying "Thank you for watching out powerpoint presentation" :P

Yeah, there are some naysayers who complain that she "isn't a real gamer", etc. Turns out she is, but if she wasn't it wouldn't bother me because she is a breath of fresh air when compared to some of these developers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

I think she's a dork, but a likeable enough dork.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Oh this Blizzard conference has set a precedent as the worst of the year... so far.

It was dreadful, completely and utterly dreadful - yer man that was on first was drama acting with long pauses like he was waiting an applause that never came, i cringed so much i had to turn it off and read about the new features on mmochamp :D

They should really have sent someone with some experience dealing with large crowds. If it was Chris Metzen presenting they might have saved some face over their recent subscriber losses being down to 2005 levels, but the whole thing just said to me "substandard", and they dont really give a flying fcuk about the game as much as they used to, but then they actually dont anyway and it's been getting worse (or i've been getting more and more jaded of it) since WotLK

http://i.imgur.com/klsQCxp.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/Hfa4TGo.jpg?1
    http://i.imgur.com/FDP6Y6p.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/o7y9HS3.jpg

Some pics from the EA area. Still on terrible Wifi so I cant resize or manage them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

It's kind of a running joke that when she is presenting we say “get ready to hear her say she's a real gamer 100 times”

She's always a nice touch when compared with other presenters.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Aisha doesnt save Ubisoft for having voice acted mutliplayer gamers.

Female voice " ok guys we are going to read this script and pretend to play".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

ERG89 wrote: »
    Koei Tecmo

Attack on Titan game

:)
    playstation platform

Dead on arrival.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Aisha doesnt save Ubisoft for having voice acted mutliplayer gamers.

Female voice " ok guys we are going to read this script and pretend to play".

Sure.. but in terms of a presenter, she's as good as it gets. She can actually speak with excitement when most people are just really wooden.

Advertisement