Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Bike (Like Dublin Bike scheme)

Options
  • 04-08-2015 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Accidental duplicate thread - Mods please delete. Thanks

I was wondering if anyone knows of any plans to introduce the public bike scheme that is incredibly popular in Dublin to other cities like Waterford?

I was down in Waterford over the weekend and saw a decent amount of cycle paths, particularly along the Dunmore road and did not see one cyclist using it. But a decent amount of car traffic.

Are these cycle paths used much? The cycling infrastructure seems to be there but a huge amount of people in the area take their cars everywhere. Cant be more than a 20 minute walk into town. So would probably be 5-10mins on a bike?

Do you think a scheme similar to Dublin bikes would work in Waterford. I imagine it would take a huge amount of traffic off the Dunmore Road and the city centre, Quay and over to Ferrybank.

What are your thoughts on this?

Advertisement