Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Chair

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

for 200 euro get a second hand herman miller chair or else get a new ikea markus

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Thread split.

Is making a new thread really so much extra effort you feel the only solution is to necro threads over three years dead? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

3y :eek: seems like ive seen it couple months back,could been different thread thou.
    Was looking for suggestions what do people sit on these days anyway.While ikea doesn't strike with quality and would prefer fake leather over mesh,but will give it a try in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

scamalert wrote: »
    3y :eek: seems like ive seen it couple months back,could been different thread thou.
    Was looking for suggestions what do people sit on these days anyway.While ikea doesn't strike with quality and would prefer fake leather over mesh,but will give it a try in a week.

there as one more recently alright - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=95305101

As regards the markus from ikea, i have one and been working from home recently. Its been a solid all day chair for me anyways, i doubt there is much better for price but you do have a higher budget.

It also comes with a 10 year warranty - which is what convinced me to go for it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Got a second hand refurbished Steelcase Leap chair on Ebay a couple of months ago for 200€ inc postage, pretty happy with it, solid and adjustable.
    Rated better than the Herman Miller chairs. don't cheap out on Ikea chairs, spend money on where you spend most of your time

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I have an F-Series chair. I quite like it, but being honest, it's not as comfortable as I'd hoped. The lumbar support is nice, but I ended up taking the stuffing out and cutting out quite a lot of it. There's a bit too much there for my liking at first.

It's certainly nice, but personally, if I had the €250 again, I'd probably do a little more shopping around first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads is there anywhere that sell Aerons and Leaps so that I can sit in them before buying?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Lads is there anywhere that sell Aerons and Leaps so that I can sit in them before buying?

If you sit in an aeron your in trouble! You will either spend a ton of cash buying it or spend the next couple of years regretting not buying it! It feels like sitting on a very comfy cloud :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Anyone ever actually used one of these, your thoughts?

41zujcdXyYL.jpg

RS Soho Rome2 leather-faced executive office chair in cream

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

KilOit wrote: »
    Got a second hand refurbished Steelcase Leap chair on Ebay a couple of months ago for 200€ inc postage, pretty happy with it, solid and adjustable.
    Rated better than the Herman Miller chairs. don't cheap out on Ikea chairs, spend money on where you spend most of your time

Leaps are deadly. I'm still keeping an eye out for a V2 with a headrest on ebay-rare as hens teeth. I picked up a brand new Humanscale Freedom Headrest for 450 2nd hand a while back, excellent chair too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 battlestar

AS to the shipping from the UK do you have any friends up North most UK stockists ship to the North for the same price as the rest of the UK or only a little more while charging a packet to ship over the same water down here

Anyone ever actually used one of these, your thoughts?

41zujcdXyYL.jpg

RS Soho Rome2 leather-faced executive office chair in cream

amazon is full of such chairs,most reviews are mostly average at best,as usual compalins would be fast wear on them,the cushioning going flat soon,squeaking etc.Even in this pic connection above piston seems way too small-so id imagine it would wear heavily depending on weight and if its rocking.

as someone mentioned before if you have couple $$$ to spare would look at these : http://www.dxracer.com/us/en-us/ use EU page instead of US,they deliver all over EU and cost is 20e,not sure of quality but most reviews seem good on youtube.But without sitting in one or having hard to tell-design is a bit like company name suggests,so might not be to everyone's favor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

scamalert wrote: »
    amazon is full of such chairs,most reviews are mostly average at best,as usual compalins would be fast wear on them,the cushioning going flat soon,squeaking etc.Even in this pic connection above piston seems way too small-so id imagine it would wear heavily depending on weight and if its rocking.

as someone mentioned before if you have couple $$$ to spare would look at these : http://www.dxracer.com/us/en-us/ use EU page instead of US,they deliver all over EU and cost is 20e,not sure of quality but most reviews seem good on youtube.But without sitting in one or having hard to tell-design is a bit like company name suggests,so might not be to everyone's favor.

Ocuk sell the Dx chairs at better prices.
    https://www.overclockers.co.uk/search_results.php?keywords=Dx+chairs&mft[]=682

game4it70 wrote: »

Probably not with the way STG is at the moment?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

DXRacer Formula Series Gaming Chair - OH/FE08/NO

OC.uk price is over 270 euro not including delivery
    DX site 275 with delivery

Only reason OC would be better as they have stock,where dx are many on pre-order.Also pound is still way up so exchange rate given is based on stock exchange rate thus 1P~1.40e,might be faster but would overpay way more on conversion and delivery costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I was comparing the dollar prices to ocuk on the OH/FE08/NY chair as it wont chance region for me.So the euro prices on the site are cheaper than when the dollar (approx) is converted?

game4it70 wrote: »
    I was comparing the dollar prices to ocuk on the OH/FE08/NY chair as it wont chance region for me.So the euro prices on the site are cheaper than when the dollar (approx) is converted?

It wont chance region for me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

It wont chance region for me either.

Try deleting cookies and cache

• Advertisement

think site only shows locations where other branches are:heres eu link http://www.dxracer.net/

Anyway agree its cheaper in $ as in every same item compared to say uk amazon and US,but same issue they wont ship it over,and if they did customs vat+taxes wouldn't work in favor.

http://www.dxracer.net/cat8_m-series.html these seem to be comfy given description and look,lower models just look too much like a type-r car seat than a chair to be fair :cool:

would like to hear opinions if anyone has one for a while cons and pros.

Advertisement