Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Meter Protest on Curraheen Road

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

cudsy1 wrote:
    curraheen estate, would people have any fears of current state/residents in 2019? i googled lawn, drive and estate and plenty of recent (last 5 years) hits mostly of examiner articles about court cases involving residents, armed robbery, feuding families including one surname beginning with 'D'....

From uam var originally, curraheen estate is generally ok , AKA "the reservation". The other one on model farm road is destroyed by heroin addicts,no nice way to put it,most of the problems in Bishoptown come from both these council estates, TBF vast,vast majority of curraheen residents are sound,but of all the houses in both estates ( originally ) only one bishoptown person got a house there,all outsiders from togher,+ the Northside

• Registered Users Posts: 18,128 ✭✭✭✭rob316

From uam var originally, curraheen estate is generally ok , AKA "the reservation". The other one on model farm road is destroyed by heroin addicts,no nice way to put it,most of the problems in Bishoptown come from both these council estates, TBF vast,vast majority of curraheen residents are sound,but of all the houses in both estates ( originally ) only one bishoptown person got a house there,all outsiders from togher,+ the Northside

Heroin addicts aren't exclusive to council estates, its destroying all over. I'm from around there too but haven't lived their in about 10 years. It's very quiet around there now from what I see and hear. Back when I was a teenager I would of been around Leesdale and Curraheen alot it had a bit of a reputation back then too but nothing like the council areas of Ballincollig or Togher. Never had a problem their growing up, if I ever did it was from outsiders.

I suppose this thread was dug up as the poster was thinking of moving there? Answer to that would be its absolutely fine.

rob316 wrote: »
    Heroin addicts aren't exclusive to council estates, its destroying all over. I'm from around there too but haven't lived their in about 10 years. It's very quiet around there now from what I see and hear. Back when I was a teenager I would of been around Leesdale and Curraheen alot it had a bit of a reputation back then too but nothing like the council areas of Ballincollig or Togher. Never had a problem their growing up, if I ever did it was from outsiders.

I suppose this thread was dug up as the poster was thinking of moving there? Answer to that would be its absolutely fine.

Correct ref heroin addicts not being exclusive to corporation estates etc,my own brother died of it,just being honest,leesdale is full of H ,as I'm from the area going back over 55 years I'm well qualified to talk about bishopstown

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...of all the houses in both estates ( originally ) only one bishoptown person got a house there,all outsiders from togher,+ the Northside

I got one too, but I paid nearly $300,000 for it. ;)

I have to say, I find the place to be a proper leafy little Sleepy Hollow.

jimgoose wrote:
    I got one too, but I paid nearly $300,000 for it.[/quote loaded,,,,,,as for leafy shade etc,is that minus the O Shea's, Delaney,and the other few scrotes who live there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...loaded,,,,,,as for leafy shade etc,is that minus the O Shea's, Delaney,and the other few scrotes who live there

Hardly loaded, Chief - Bishopstown prices in 2005. I don't know any scrotes in the immediate locality, but mind you I don't have any use for them and don't look for them. :D

jimgoose wrote:
    Hardly loaded, Chief - Bishopstown prices in 2005. I don't know any scrotes in the immediate locality, but mind you I don't have any use for them and don't look for them.

Good for u chief,,few locked up even last year,so you're better off knowing so

Advertisement