Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Goggles

• 04-08-2015 3:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭

Have been using Eyeline goggles for last 20 years or so, used to pick them up in Stewarts sports centre. My last pair are now seriously letting water in, just rang Stewarts , they no longer stock Eyeline and now stock Zoggs.
    A couple of ceist, anyone know where I can pick up Eyeline goggles and second one, anyone out there recommend the Zoggs ?
    Just using them in the sea, not able to train in pool , water not cool enough for the shoulders....rotator cuff stuff 😢

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

secman wrote: »
    Have been using Eyeline goggles for last 20 years or so, used to pick them up in Stewarts sports centre. My last pair are now seriously letting water in, just rang Stewarts , they no longer stock Eyeline and now stock Zoggs.
    A couple of ceist, anyone know where I can pick up Eyeline goggles and second one, anyone out there recommend the Zoggs ?
    Just using them in the sea, not able to train in pool , water not cool enough for the shoulders....rotator cuff stuff 😢

Thanks

Everyone training?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Use these zoggs at present. Took a couple of races to break in, but great now.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/zoggs-predator-flex-polarized-ultra-orangeblack/

How about this and use parcel motel

http://www.newitts.com/product/EE-020/Eyeline_Deluxe_Goggles.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭Doeshedare

I've been using Zoggs Predator Flex for a while now, 3rd pair. They seal really well for me. Their failure mode (for me) seems to be at the nose bridge where 2 pairs have come apart.

My Zoggs are polarised and with the summer we are having I wanted/needed a clear goggle and bought a pair from TYR last week. Two swims, one pool one OW and perfect seal and vision both times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Zoggs Predator Flex for me too - have 3 or 4 pairs in rotation. Polarised lenses a must for me and I find these a perfect fit and never move/leak, unless I get hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

My zogg predator snapped on the nose too.. Moved on to arena now

• Advertisement

Mixed reviews on the Zoggs, really would like to stick to Eyeline...they were selling them up to a few months ago in Stewarts SC, must dig a bit more, someone is the agent in ROI.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

Thanks

Coolmine Sports & Leisure Centre near the Blanchardstown Centre sells Eyeline, or at least it did the last time I was there. I also like Eyeline goggles & often stock up with a couple of pairs whenever I am home - I find the elastic strap starts to go after a few months of wear, and will eventually snap.

I've started mixing wearing Eyeline with Speedo Vanquishers, which seem good so far. I haven't really liked Speedo goggles in the past, but so far these have been grand, and there's a good choice of colours etc., including mirrored lenses if you swim outdoors.

Coolmine stopped selling the Eyeline 😠

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

they do nothing!

they do nothing!

They sell Zoggs !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

Coolmine stopped selling the Eyeline 😠

Ah that's disappointing to know. Though I suppose at least I invested in the vanquishers. Good luck in your search, finding the right pair of goggles can be tough!

gutenberg wrote: »
    Ah that's disappointing to know. Though I suppose at least I invested in the vanquishers. Good luck in your search, finding the right pair of goggles can be tough!

At a last resort I emailed Eyeline Australia enquiring as to who is their irish agent/distributor and I got the details overnight !
    I will contact them today and hopefully get retailers names, will let you know how I get on.

Spoke to the agent, they mainly deal in pool maintenance, goggles seem to be a sideline, their pc was on the blink and the receptionist had difficulty in remembering where they were stocked by retailers. ... basically they tend to stick with leisure centres.... they seemed unaware they had lost 2 customers ... the 2 that I was aware of , both of which had changed to stpcking the Zoggs.
    But they will sell some to me a, judging by what they quoted me..there's a decent mark up on them. Probably can only name them by PM ?

Advertisement