Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O'Brien's in IFSC closed?

Options
  • 04-08-2015 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Does anyone know what happened to the O'Brien's cafe across from the HarbourMaster in the IFSC? Looks like it's just been abandoned :-\

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

the one at Mayor Square has also closed. Plenty of better places to get a sandwich in the IFSC though.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,879 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The IFSC one was never as busy as it was built for - never saw the upstairs serving area in use for instance. Surprised they'd both go if they were same the franchiser - close one and see if the other takes its traffic would be the obvious thing surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 quizgal

Tis true about the sandwiches but it was handy for make-your-own salad and always an empty table upstairs with a newspaper and decent wifi. Also I really like the staffed, very friendly and nice.
    It seems kinda out of the blue.... it's like the Marie Celeste in there with a mop & bucket and a tray of bread just left behind

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I didn't realise both outlets were shut.

O'Briens was new, shiny and fairly innovative when I first came to Dublin in the mid 90s. I feel however that it has remained stuck in the 90s and hasn't moved with the times. I can't put my finger on what exactly it is but it's just never a place I would feel like going to these days. It doesn't seem to have any stand out product (either it's coffee, sandwiches, salads etc)....I eat out or get take out lunch most days in the IFSC or surroundings and keep going back to the same places that somehow have the right offerings that hit the spot.

Advertisement