Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Descent game

Options
  • 04-08-2015 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

i did a search for descent but all i found was a topic from 1998 about Descent 3 Demo (not a great gane tbh) Descent 1 & 2 are where its at

new one on unreal 4 engine looks like it will be allot of fun
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K06s2Yvf91E

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Yeah ,

Wingman is making it, backed it during kickstarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Baron McBoomBoom

first i've heard of this. I want. I want NOW!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Check out Retrovirus (PC). The context is a little hokey, and it's much easier than I remember Descent being but still not a bad attempt.

Interesting.

Best thing about the original is it was one of the first games that I can remember, which had a full 360 degree feel. You could be attacked from every angle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

how the hell did they get descent 1 looking so good in that video

i installed it last year and it sure as hell didn't look as good as all that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

the framerate looks shocking at parts but wip. If there is any game that could benefit from all the advances in graphic technology with destructible environments, physics, liquid and natural geometry etc it is descent. I hope they stick with the mining and claustrophobic industrial elements.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

strelok wrote: »
    how the hell did they get descent 1 looking so good in that video

i installed it last year and it sure as hell didn't look as good as all that

Are you playing on an LCD screen?

From the video, I can see scanlines so I'm guessing they filmed a 4:3 CRT or are using a Scanline Generator.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Are you playing on an LCD screen?

From the video, I can see scanlines so I'm guessing they filmed a 4:3 CRT or are using a Scanline Generator.

yeah, one of those korean 1440p's :(

Advertisement