Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog biting dewclaw

• 04-08-2015 8:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

I have a 3 yr old Bicton and she keeps biting her dewclaw. One of them is sore and bloody any advice please.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

There is only one piece of advice that is appropriate here I'm afraid.
    You'll need to get a vet to check that out.
    Many dogs will have a nibble on their dew claws, but the fact that your dog's nail beds are red and bloody suggests that there may be something more serious going on that you need to get checked out.
    Let us know how you get on, won't you? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭FaintBum

It may be too long. The dewclaw grows almost in a circle so it can curl in and actually pierce the skin. The same thing happened to my King Charles. You need to take the dog to a vet and have both of them clipped. Otherwise it will cause your dog serious discomfort and may get infected. It won't be expensive, only a few quid, a dog groomer may even do it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

Thanks for the replies. On closer inspection it looks like the one she is worrying is kind of dangling while the other is lying closer to her leg so I'm guessing she tore it off something so I'll have to have it looked at all right. Thanks again.

Advertisement