Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ex contacted me

• 04-08-2015 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi all, I have a question for you. My ex and I broke up in February this year after a long distance relationship. It was a pretty rough break up and I'm honestly only starting to feel back to myself now. We haven't been in contact apart from once or twice. Yesterday he messaged me on facebook and asked if I was seeing this new guy (who is just a friend of mine) who I'm pictured with quite a lot. I didn't reply and today I saw a message from him that was just "...".

I don't know why this has gotten to me so much but I am really put out by it and don't really know how to respond - was hoping some of you could help me out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Tell him it's none of his business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Considering it was a rough break up and you haven't been in contact, it's absolutely none of his business as Tilly says.

I'd just ignore the message and don't reply. There'll be nothing to be gained from your point of view in replying or getting into a conversation about it (which will inevitably happen if you respond) and as you're only starting to feel back to yourself now, it might open old wounds and you might get hurt or into an argument. You don't deserve that.

I'd ignore it altogether and delete the conversation from your list of messages on FB, so it's out of mind and you don't see it again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Jotunheim

Unless you want to always be only just moving on from that relationship, he shouldn't even be able to see your Facebook page. Check your privacy settings, unfriend him and block him, no need for the two of you to keep in touch at all. If he doesn't like that, well that's just too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Do not reply to him. What you do is your business. By the sounds of things he still thinks there is a hope of another relationship; he hasn't moved on from you.

The more you contact him, the harder it will be for you to move on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭OneOfThem

Maturin75 wrote: »
    today I saw a message from him that was just "...".

Yeah... don't mind that sh1t. Ignore it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

He said 'I hope some of you'. Who exactly is he asking? Block and ignore

• Registered Users Posts: 33 DaDoRonRonRon

Definitely don't answer, delete the thread and block him. You have to prevent him butting into your life whenever he feels like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

All the previous posts have been to block him but the OP never said that she doesn't want to contact him.

Does the OP want to communicate with him or forget about him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,480 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Who dumped who or was it a mutual thing? That would be pretty important to know where either party is coming from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Idle Passerby

I think it's cheeky of him to think its any of his business whether or not your seeing someone, particularly when there's been little contact since the break up.

The "..." would really irritate me. You're not obliged to tell him anything but that kind of passive aggressive crap isn't even worth responding to. Makes it seem like hes standing there tapping his foot, impatiently waiting for your answer. I wouldn't engage with that.

If your happy not to be in contact with him, make sure he cant see your actions on facebook. You needn't block him if you'd rather not, but change your security settings so he cant nose around on what your doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Maturin75

Hi everyone, just wanted to say thank you so much for all the responses. I thought about it a lot and decided that blocking him was the right thing to do - I don't want to feel like he can reappear in my life suddenly and without warning whenever he has questions like that. Strangely enough I feel a lot better after it.

Thanks again to all of you for taking the time to respond :)

Advertisement