Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for those on Coilte Lease - IMPORTANT NOTE IN POST 10 & 11

• 04-08-2015 11:15pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It has been brought to my attention that Coilte are circulating e-mails to either everyone that holds a lease with them or just certain individuals regarding the insurance that person has.

The long and short of it is this. If your insurance does not meet a MINIMUM coverage of €6.5 million then Coilte will not permit you to hunt game or deer on any lands they own/control. This means anyone with a Coilte lease with, what they deem inappropriate insurance will have to change insurance provider.

I was sent the information on this via e-mail, however to protect the identity of the person that sent it to me i have paraphrased the e-mail rather than copy and pasting it.

The one company the e-mail did name as not being sufficient was IFA whose coverage only came to a total of €2.6 million.

So PLEASE, anyone with cover from any company that falls below the 6.5 million threshold and is on a Coilte lease should contact Coilte and then, if necessary, their insurance provider.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Honda500

Cass wrote: »
    It has been brought to my attention that Coilte are circulating e-mails to either everyone that holds a lease with them or just certain individuals regarding the insurance that person has.

The long and short of it is this. If your insurance does not meet a MINIMUM coverage of €6.5 million then Coilte will not permit you to hunt game or deer on any lands they own/control. This means anyone with a Coilte lease with, what they deem inappropriate insurance will have to change insurance provider.

I was sent the information on this via e-mail, however to protect the identity of the person that sent it to me i have paraphrased the e-mail rather than copy and pasting it.

The one company the e-mail did name as not being sufficient was IFA whose coverage only came to a total of €2.6 million.

So PLEASE, anyone with cover from any company that falls below the 6.5 million threshold and is on a Coilte lease should contact Coilte and then, if necessary, their insurance provider.

The lfa said they will refund our group so everyone should look for a refund

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Thanks for that Honda500.

If anyone has any other direct interaction regarding this it would be appreciated if you could explain your experience and where possible help others in the same situation.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Country side alliance have a show offer of 48euro for first year and 65 after that or 37 for a group of 7 or more and 50 from there on l found them very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CurlyWhisker

Thanks for that Honda500.

If anyone has any other direct interaction regarding this it would be appreciated if you could explain your experience and where possible help others in the same situation.

I have had direct interaction regarding this problem. Despite almost a week of emails and phone calls I'm now getting radio silence. No one at IFA Countryside has said its not possible but no one at IFA Countryside can/will give me contact details for someone in FBD. I'm stuck.

Coillte have been clear (and consistent) - IFA COUNTRYSIDE INSURANCE IS NO LONGER ACCEPTABLE!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭kellyvince

I had paid the ifa for the coming year. But for some reason .my card never arrived. So I just paid countryside alliance yesterday & cancelled the ifa one. Luck I am ,as it was for coillte I needed it for . IT cost me €46 with the wilddeer association of Ireland. And the best thing is they will email you insurance straight away . So all done in 5 minutes .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Loughfield

Hi, I have being following the thread, I spoke to IFA Countryside today and they have told me that I do have insurance cover up to 6.5million. So happy days, cant wait for the long wet days of Woodcock shooting to start.

Just sent an e-mail to them to clarify.

The above notice was not ""two lads talking in a pub", but an actual e-mail received from Coilte. Meaning if Coilte DO NOT accept insurance from IFA or any company that cannot guarantee an amount of €6.5 million then i'd tread carefully on what the IFA say especially if it's over the phone and not in a letter stating it categorically.

According to the e-mail:
    IFA Countryside have failed to come back to me with updates regarding the extent of their public liability cover.
    One of our licence holders have managed to contact them and have been informed that the extent of their public liability cover is €2,600,000.00, and this will not change.

If i get an official response i'll post it here.

Just as a side note. this could all be a non issue.

It could be that Coilte are wrong, that IFA were below the standard and now are not, or could be that the IFA does not meet the standard. In any case it's a serious issue as lads may find themselves at the minimum without cover, or worse, without cover and their lease as Coilte will not allow them to shoot on their lands/leases without higher coverage.

Yes they have 6.5m now but to late for me this year as we change during the week only in Ireland

I see Ifa countryside have updated their website, about the 6.5 million insurance cover

• Advertisement

And via e-mail
    Sent: Friday 7 August 2015 16:29
    Subject: RE: Public liability cover for Coilte

Dear Cass,

Many thanks for your mail and for getting in touch with us.

IFA can confirm that if you are a member of a Gun Club which has IFA Countryside Membership your insurance does meet the minimum coverage of €6.5 million that Coilte require to permit you to hunt game or deer on any lands they own/control.

In addition, IFA Countryside is in contact with Coilte and are working to clarify the issue.

Should you have any additional queries in relation to this matter you can contact us here in the IFA Countryside office on 1890 924 982

I have a question, Coillte are looking for insurance cover up to 6.5 million, does that mean anybody who have NAGRC compensation cover is not eligible to shoot on Coillte land?

According to Coilte's e-mail if it does not meet their 6.5 million mark then possibly.

Only way to know is to ask NARGC if their fund covers for public liability to this amount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

According to Coilte's e-mail if it does not meet their 6.5 million mark then possibly.

Only way to know is to ask NARGC if their fund covers for public liability to this amount.

They specifically say nargc coverage is perfect. As far as I know nargc coverage is 7.5 million.
    I have one question about the ifa coverage. It states that any member insured in a gun club by IFA are covered to 6.5 but it states nothing about an individual. I would question that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭kellyvince

I was waiting for my ifa insurance to come back for a few weeks. So they said that they would send me a cover letter. On the letter dated 5 august. It said cover up to €2.6million . But over waiting so long
    I just rejoined the countryside alliance. And cancelled ifa. . Have the letter but can't upload a picture of it . for some reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭bluezulu49

I am not a spokesman for NARGC but as the secretary of an affiliated club have access to their Compensation Fund Contract ( Reference: March 2015), part 9 of which is:

Fund Contract Limits of Protection.
    The liability of the Fund under the Contract and this Notice for all compensation payable is:
    To any claimant or any number of claimants in respect of or arising out of all occurrences or a series consequent on or attributable to one source origin or cause shall not exceed the sum of €10,000,000.00 ( Ten Million Euro).

Bluezulu49.

Advertisement