Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help, looking for Birthday party venue only

Options
  • 04-08-2015 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Any suggestions for a kids birthday party inside or within city centre, I just need a venue only, 100 person, which i can bring my own caterer.
    Dublin

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Dublin?

What do you want the venue to provide? Just a big room with tables and chairs? Is it 100 kids going or a mix of kids and adults? Would a local GAA / Sports hall suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jonathan13

Dublin?

What do you want the venue to provide? Just a big room with tables and chairs? Is it 100 kids going or a mix of kids and adults? Would a local GAA / Sports hall suit?

Yes Dublin sorry wasnt able to mention location. Most of guest are mix adult and kids but majority is adults. A venue that can provide tables, chairs and sound system if that exist. I've seen many local GAA clubs and commercial rowing club. But i'm onto something like guest don't need to pay for their drinks soda/beer. And a venue that is presentable same with commercial rowing club or better. Hotels is a no no because they serve their own food only.

Thank you and really appreciate if you can suggest such nice venues

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Local GAA?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

For that many people it might be easier to pick somewhere with a bar, they'll get the drinks they want and it'll be served to them. If you buy the drink yourself how much do you get? What type? Are you going to be stuck with loads of leftovers? Will everyone be catered for? Who's going to serve it? You can always throw the money you'd spend on providing the drink on a tab behind the bar so that people don't have to pay for a while at least. Maybe ask for orange and blackcurrant dilutable drinks to be provided for the kids?

For that many people it might be easier to pick somewhere with a bar, they'll get the drinks they want and it'll be served to them. If you buy the drink yourself how much do you get? What type? Are you going to be stuck with loads of leftovers? Will everyone be catered for? Who's going to serve it? You can always throw the money you'd spend on providing the drink on a tab behind the bar so that people don't have to pay for a while at least. Maybe ask for orange and blackcurrant dilutable drinks to be provided for the kids?

For adult drinks i'l bring some wine/irish whiskey/beer not all are heavy drinkers and softdrinks for the rest. Caterer will bring cutlery and buffet style so no serving needed. Leftover is no problem. I will bring my own cake with 3d mapping setup and put some designs on the venue like balloons,etc.. I like that tab idea for dilutable juice. I never knew they allow that. Again if there are other presentable venues aside from local GAA and rowing club please feel free to suggest.

Thanks you very much

• Advertisement

Local GAA?

Will ask if they allow the tab for drinks, thank you

Advertisement