Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

microsoft crap upgrade

Options
  • 05-08-2015 3:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I installed the new free windows 10 on my laptop over the weekend and started using it but found I didn't like it so I followed the on screen instructions to reinstall my old windows 7,

so far so good, but at the end of the reinstall my laptop now says there's a problem and windows cant start. check if there's a camara or music divice plugged in it says ,,,well there's no devise plugged in.
    so I contacted Microsoft online and explained the problem and their now saying that's its Toshiba's fault its a hardware fault I mean com on! it was working great for the last 3 years and as soon as I use a so called upgrade the laptop broke? and its not their fault who are they trying to con here looks like I have to pay for a tec guy to fix my laptop now
    thanks Microsoft your free upgrades are just fab
    so if you have the free upgrade whatever you do don't install it its pure rubbish

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

So it's the downgrade that went wrong for you , not the upgrade.

How did you downgrade? Does your laptop have a built in restore feature? Or did you use the original windows 7 disk? Or did you do a backup of windows 7 with a third party app?

If it's just a start-up issue you can use the original win7 install disk to fix problems. Just boot up to the with the install disk, wait for install screen and you'll see a 'repair my comp' option.

Also you could press F8 repeatedly when you system is booting up which will quickly bring you to a screen where you can select 'Safe Mode'. That should ignore the attached device you mentioned. If you can get into the system after that then at least you will know that's it's just one minor issue you have to fix rather than not knowing if the whole re-install has gone belly up. In which case you'd just have to install again but from scratch this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

cmxmph wrote: »
    so if you have the free upgrade whatever you do don't install it its pure rubbish
    Really? :confused: I've found Windows 10 a great upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

fletch wrote: »

Same no issues so far except at first when I deleted an app like stocks if I went into the store it was trying to download it again but it has got the message now that I don't want it. Other than that I'm really impressed with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

fletch wrote: »

I found it great on my laptop but not so great on my desktop.

Advertisement