Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed on catering costing

Options
  • 05-08-2015 6:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

I have been asked to cater a private lunch at my house, a sort of 'pop up' type event. Can anyone give me advice on how best to cost out the whole thing? What should I add to cover utilities and use of my home as well as the actual food? I'm not interested in making a fortune but I also don't want it to be a loss making exercise either!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

your food cost times 3 should give you your selling price as it's conventionally taught. The second third will cover your overheads (staffing, utilities etc) and the final third is your profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭twignme

Thanks duploelabs, thats a really helpful measure for me to use and nice and simple too. That should keep me on track.

Advertisement