Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UK graduate thrown out of gay club after "triggering" Blurred Lines is played

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Kev W wrote: »
    I think it's a fair assumption on my part that you named yourself after the character since you have his image as your avatar.

How does their username have any relevance to their post?

If I'm correct in the one you are discussing this is it:
    Yeah, cos it's a cakewalk for everyone else.

Schools can be difficult environments for anyone who doesn't fit in, not just those with a loud lobby group and flag.

I don't see how the sexuality of a character they picked for their username is relevant at all to their point that it isn't easy for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I think it's a fair assumption on my part that you named yourself after the character since you have his image as your avatar.
    I asked what was the point of asking that question in thread if not for some cheap shot like playing the homeophobe card?

Are you going to address that or can we conclude that you really are that spineless?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

I asked what was the point of asking that question in thread if not for some cheap shot like playing the homeophobe card?

Are you going to address that or can we conclude that you really are that spineless?

I actually do believe that you're somewhat homophobic. I know you think you're not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭dont bother

I actually do believe that you're somewhat homophobic. I know you think you're not.

in one sentence, explain why you think he is...

in one sentence, explain why you think he is...

Because he's very quick to diminish the struggles and hardships of non-heterosexual people.

Ah please! You don't even know the person and are saying things like that! That's completely daft, unless they posted something hateful about the gay community here I don't see any reason to comment that because they don't have the same opinions as yourself.

Because he's very quick to diminish the struggles and hardships of non-heterosexual people.

so by him claiming that EVERYONE (not just gay people) have struggles in life, you see that as homophobic?

that's weird.

i dont think he is, or came across that way at all...

everyone has their struggles, Gay people dont hold the monopoly on that i'm afraid....

so by him claiming that EVERYONE (not just gay people) have struggles in life, you see that as homophobic?

that's weird.

i dont think he is, or came across that way at all...

everyone has their struggles, Gay people dont hold the monopoly on that i'm afraid....

But they do struggle in ways that straight people don't ON TOP of having all the same struggles we all share.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

The DJ was right to tell her **** off, his there to play music and not to be told he cant play certain songs because it might offend some petal who thinks the world revolves around her feelings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

People! Calm the hell down! Let us not forget the most important thing; the one thing that can unite us all under one banner!

That "Blurred Lines" song is a bit sh*t, isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Bad Horse wrote: »
    People! Calm the hell down! Let us not forget the most important thing; the one thing that can unite us all under one banner!

I quite like it actually. I also think the rape thing is a bag of shizzle.

Bad Horse wrote: »

The Marvin Gaye song it's ripped off from is great though.

Because he believes that secondary school is tough for everyone and doesn't feel that it is significantly tougher for gay or trans people?

I'm not saying whether I fully agree with him or not (depends on individual circumstances too) but to call him a homophobe for that is absolutely ridiculous. From what I have seen he hasn't said anything hateful or bad against members of the LGBT community at all, but since he doesn't feel the struggles or hardships they go through are as bad as you think they are you call him homophobic.

I'm sorry but to me thats complete rubbish.

But they do struggle in ways that straight people don't ON TOP of having all the same struggles we all share.

NO. that's rubbish, and just proves your exact mindset...
    which seems to me to be

"oh, i have all the usual troubles AS WELL as all my little unique gay ones too - it's SO hard...."

what about people who have no limbs and arent gay? do they have it easier than the gays? NO!

you cant just go around calling people homophobes without it being legit. it just demeans your whole cause and makes people wonder how much of this "suffering" actually happens, and probably ends up somewhat Swaying peoples opinions more towards the kind of thinking of "ah they're awful moans"...

gay people dont have it worse.
    black people dont have it worse...
    etc etc...

NOBODY DOES. earth is a horrible horrible place full of misery and sh!te, and if you go around thinking you have it worse than everyone else, then thats only on YOU, and definitely doesnt need you shouting "homophobe" when it suits you...

sounds to me you havent a care in the world... (just my opinion)
    maybe you carry some of the effect from bullying?

EVERY straight person is not the same person or people who bullied you as a gay teenager or whatever...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

You can't go around looking for songs not to be played in a nightclub because of a bad experience or terrible event. It's a non story and the whole thing is ridiculous attention seeking.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Because he believes that secondary school is tough for everyone and doesn't feel that it is significantly tougher for gay or trans people?

I'm not saying whether I fully agree with him or not (depends on individual circumstances too) but to call him a homophobe for that is absolutely ridiculous. From what I have seen he hasn't said anything hateful or bad against members of the LGBT community at all, but since he doesn't feel the struggles or hardships they go through are as bad as you think they are you call him homophobic.

I'm sorry but to me thats complete rubbish.

I did qualify it as "somewhat" homopbobic. There's more to homophobia than slavering queer-bashers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

etc etc...

And as a gay black person you can personally testify to this?

Of f@cking course gay and black people (where they are a minority) have had it worse and continue to have it worse though thankfully discrimination is being eroded and one day hopefully we will all able to say that straight white males in the western world are subject to the same discrimination as anyone else. Won't you feel lucky then... FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

i dont think you have a clue what homophobia even is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I did qualify it as "somewhat" homopbobic. There's more to homophobia than slavering queer-bashers.
    irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals

i dont think the poster in question has shown ANY of that. he just doesnt agree with you.

• Advertisement

NO. that's rubbish, and just proves your exact mindset...
    which seems to me to be

"oh, i have all the usual troubles AS WELL as all my little unique gay ones too - it's SO hard...."

what about people who have no limbs and arent gay? do they have it easier than the gays? NO!

you cant just go around calling people homophobes without it being legit. it just demeans your whole cause and makes people wonder how much of this "suffering" actually happens, and probably ends up somewhat Swaying peoples opinions more towards the kind of thinking of "ah they're awful moans"...

etc etc...

NOBODY DOES. earth is a horrible horrible place full of misery and sh!te, and if you go around thinking you have it worse than everyone else, then thats only on YOU, and definitely doesnt need you shouting "homophobe" when it suits you...

sounds to me you havent a care in the world... (just my opinion)
    maybe you carry some of the effect from bullying?

EVERY straight person is not the same person or people who bullied you as a gay teenager or whatever...

I'm heterosexual, for one thing.
    Also never claimed that gay people have it the absolute worst of all people in all of society ever, just that gay people have the same problems as straight people PLUS the attendant problems of being gay.
    People with no limbs have the problems of people with all functioning limbs PLUS the attendant problems of having no limbs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Jenner was the mens olympic decathlon gold winner at the 1976 games.

So she predates all the faux reality show ****e and was genuinely a very big deal in her day and rightly so.

She was genuinely a big deal in his day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Mod: since the thread isn't about the story in the OP anymore, there's little reason to leave it open

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement