Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bathroom Basin Tap - Pumped

• 05-08-2015 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I have recently built a house and the girlfried chose a bathroom basin tap that uses the houses 2 bar pump i.e. every time somebody uses the tap the 2 bar pump kicks in which is driving me mental as it wakes everyone in the house in the middle of the night when somebody washes their hands.
    Can I do anything to remove the reliance on the pump?
    Any help would be great!
    Paidi

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Have you tried turning the pump off and see how much pressure there is?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭PaidV

I haven't yet, I will try that this evening - thanks.

The tap she chose in the kitchen is a similar one and that isn't hooked up to the pump. Cold pressure is fine on that but the hot is very low and take a good 90 seconds to get any hot water out of it...

Is there much to disconnecting the tap from the pump permanently?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hatchman

I had very same problem, I plumbed in an large expansion vessel beside pump cost me less than 100 euro gives at least two mins of water running before pump kicks in. Less starts on the pump means longer life for pump and less electricity used. Some more experienced people on here will know about if would work on your set up. Worth looking into tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭PaidV

Thanks Hatchman, only issue there is I have my two power showers hooked up to the pump too so that would mean the pump wouldn't kick in for the showers straight away I'd imagine?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hatchman

All my showers and taps are on the one pump and run through the pressure vessel the showers are fine loose a little bit of pressure just before pump kicks in as the vessel pressure is exhausted but not that noticeable. Means u can have a quick shower without pump coming on !

• Advertisement
Advertisement