Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deer hunting license

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

sean raff wrote: »
    Anybody know what date these guys are on

You'd want to be sending it in now to make sure and have it for next year:rolleyes:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,064 ✭✭✭clivej

As I started this thread all I say is get them as early as possible.

One year I put in my app the first week in March.
    And again I was one of the first to get the license that year as well. And the postman delivers at 9am :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

clivej wrote: »
    As I started this thread all I say is get them as early as possible.

One year I put in my app the first week in March.
    And again I was one of the first to get the license that year as well. And the postman delivers at 9am :D:D:D

Won't make a difference how early you send it in if they only start processing in August - it's not going to speed up the process at all. The only difference this will make is they will be updating people saying they are on April 1st rather than August 1st.
    You got yours early because you got it in before everyone else, not because you got it in in March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

viper123 wrote: »
    Won't make a difference how early you send it in if they only start processing in August .......... You got yours early because you got it in before everyone else, not because you got it in in March.[/QUOTE]

Eh.......Erm .... exactly

I would agree that there seems to be a problem this year, but since I started I have always sent in my application during the month of March and received the license with in the first few weeks of August and this year is no exception, arrived 7th August. Even my first application using a first time permission (no previous permits issued for it) was timely processed and returned by mid august.
    Any of the lads I know who sent them in later in the summer months this year are still waiting and those who sent them in early have received them early.

I know that many lads have to wait for Coillte leases for their applications which can push them into the later summer months, but lads using private permissions should surely be applying as soon as the applications are out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

Won't make a difference how early you send it in if they only start processing in August .......... You got yours early because you got it in before everyone else, not because you got it in in March.[/QUOTE]

Eh.......Erm .... exactly

I would agree that there seems to be a problem this year, but since I started I have always sent in my application during the month of March and received the license with in the first few weeks of August and this year is no exception, arrived 7th August. Even my first application using a first time permission (no previous permits issued for it) was timely processed and returned by mid august.
    Any of the lads I know who sent them in later in the summer months this year are still waiting and those who sent them in early have received them early.

I know that many lads have to wait for Coillte leases for their applications which can push them into the later summer months, but lads using private permissions should surely be applying as soon as the applications are out.

I think you're misreading my post. I'm implying that if if everyone gets applications in in March, it means you won't be the head of the queue any more so you won't be getting it in early August as per previous years.

Is there an official explanation for the delays? Can't be as simple as extra applications surely, or is it genuinely because of extra checks being performed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

I think you're misreading my post. I'm implying that if if everyone gets applications in in March, it means you won't be the head of the queue any more so you won't be getting it in early August as per previous years.

Is there an official explanation for the delays? Can't be as simple as extra applications surely, or is it genuinely because of extra checks being performed?

Got you....my bad

As to an explanation, I don't know, but can somebody actually confirm that they only start processing the applications in August or is it that they only start posting them out in August? Therefore any early applications are processed but not sent until august.

I am just looking over the calendar for August 2015 and see that the bank holiday weekend was 1st to the 3rd, given that the office opened on Tuesday and I received my licence on Friday morning of the 7th, it is reasonable to assume that licences where printed, addressed, franked and posted within 1 -2 working days, then sorted and delivered to my door in Dublin within another a day or so.
    This time frame would leave very little time for my application to be 'processed' and would in fact, allowing for a two day turn around by the post office, be near impossible if they only started on the 4th of August!

Any way food for thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭leica

There's about twenty people I know that are still waiting on there permit , and everyone of them have been shooting stags since the first of September, they recon that it's not there fault, but it is actually breaking the law

leica wrote: »
    There's about twenty people I know that are still waiting on there permit , and everyone of them have been shooting stags since the first of September, they recon that it's not there fault, but it is actually breaking the law

That's all grand and dandy ,until there checked ,then they'll see who's fault it is :eek:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭tomtucker81

Processing the 6th of August today according to their office

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

leica wrote: »
    Yeah they're grand, i mean who needs a deer license anyway. Sure tell them they don't need a firearms license either. :eek::rolleyes:

F**king eejits. :mad:
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭fitzy700

Processing the 6th of August today according to their office

sent mine in on the 8th of august, nearly there (thank f**k):mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

was there when i came home from work , got out for the last hour , lads mountain biking through the forest with head torches pust a stop to my gallop ,thats a few times they have been up there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭tomtucker81

fitzy700 wrote: »
    sent mine in on the 8th of august, nearly there (thank f**k):mad:

Fairly sure it was the 10th or 11th i dropped mine in to the office. Hopefully it'll arrive in the next week. It'll be an early summer application next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭RKMG

just got an email off them there and they are up to the 10th of August now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭fitzy700

finely got mine this morning :), nearly 6 weeks waiting :rolleyes: hope anyone still waiting gets them soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Mine arrived this morning, and I had submitted it on the 8th of August.

Mine arrived this morning , panic over , anyone hear that there was a lot of refusals this year ? Lads not having 100 acres etc ' prob won't stop them anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,080 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Just asking for a friend who has a let on this area...Has anyone been refused a deer liscense in this area this season.Due to "over hunting in the last season":confused:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Haven't heard anything about that grizzly , nice few refused around the mt Leinster area , couldn't come up with 100 acres , they must of clamped down a bit this year , the same lads in question got the permit with 20 -40 acres on previous years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Eurocodus

Deer licence arrived today

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭RKMG

Eurocodus wrote: »
    Deer licence arrived today

Just wondering, what date did you send in your application?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Eurocodus

15th August

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Got mine yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Got mine yesterday, now I can go after this big guy I have seen on my lease.....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfe1vfd1DhuYet2WD_1YUR12aotEsiF7u-Akx2ldUdSTspfT_y

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rambo7mm

Hi just wondering wen did u send in ur application form thank you.

• Advertisement

A friend of mine received his on Friday ,he posted it on the 16th August.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rambo7mm

Today deer hunting licence possessing the 25th of august.

Advertisement