Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting out my house Help Needed

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

LyonsD78 - I have merged your two threads together here- please use the one thread- it gets very messy if you start multiple threads on basically the same topic.

Thankyou.

The_Conductor

I am now very confused as to what the true story is? OP are you trying to get interest only to cover tax liabilities? Can't see the banks going for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,443 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

i'm massively confused. it now starts off with the OP saying they are moving to england with their job and now they say they have been made unemployed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

The 75% relief is contingent on capital and interest repayments for obvious reasons when you think about it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 lyonsd78

I've been made redundant so myself and my wife are now thinking of renting out the house and moving to England which is the only realistic place for me to walk in to new employment.

If we stay here, I can't afford to keep up the payments on the house.

lyonsd78 wrote: »
    I've been made redundant so myself and my wife are now thinking of renting out the house and moving to England which is the only realistic place for me to walk in to new employment.

If we stay here, I can't afford to keep up the payments on the house.

I know this suggestion is going to be far from ideal but if you are in bother with the mortgage and renting over there and you don't have kids would it be an option for your wife to remain in The house for a while and rent out rooms under the rent a room scheme (up to 12k tax free) while you move to England alone initially and get a job and start earning?

Is there options for a job in other parts of Ireland rather than England as it would make the above easier as you and your wife could visit each other easier.

• Advertisement
Advertisement