Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Pay

Options
  • 05-08-2015 10:38am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

Will BoI support Apple Pay, and can a rough timeline be given?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

Red Alert wrote: »
    Will BoI support Apple Pay, and can a rough timeline be given?
    Hi Red Alert,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.

We are constantly reviewing the services available to our customers to take account of new developments and technological change.

If there is anything else we can help you with please don't hesitate in contacting us again.

Have a good day.
    Helen

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Is this going to happen?

To be frank, I am premier banking customer but the first bank that launches this, I am gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Is this going to happen?

To be frank, I am premier banking customer but the first bank that launches this, I am gone.
    Hi jesus_thats_gre,

Thanks for your post. 

We have no update on Apple Pay as of yet, when we do we'll make sure to post here on Boards. We appreciate your feedback on this here and we'll be sure to pass it on to the relevant team. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mickr1

Hi Sarah (BOI)
    It is 10 months since last news, have you any further progress. I also will move to a bank that uses apple pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

mickr1 wrote: »
    Hi Sarah (BOI)
    It is 10 months since last news, have you any further progress. I also will move to a bank that uses apple pay.
    Hi mickr1,

Thanks for your post, we've no further updates on this at the moment. But we'll be sure to post the details here if we do.

Thanks for getting in touch, Nicola

• Advertisement

mickr1 wrote: »
    Hi Sarah (BOI)
    Hi mickr1,

Thanks for your post, we've no further updates on this at the moment. But we'll be sure to post the details here if we do.

Thanks for getting in touch, Nicola
    You guys had really want to make some progress on this front this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

Any update yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

TCPIP wrote: »
    Any update yet?
    Hi TCPIP, 

No change with this currently. Please be assured, if we get any news on this we'll be sure to post. 

Thanks and have a nice weekend,
    Tara

Any movement on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Any movement on this?

Hi, 

Thanks for your post here.

We’ve not further update on Apple Pay at the moment, if we have any updates on this we’ll be sure to post them here.

Thanks,
    Tara C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Hi.

I am using Apple Pay here in Ireland with a visa card from my French bank and am finding it very convenient.

I would love to also be able to use it with my BoI visa debit card.

Is Bank of Ireland seriously looking into supporting it and are there any rough timeliness you can share?

Thanks a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Bob24 wrote: »
    Hi.

I am using Apple Pay here in Ireland with a visa card from my French bank and am finding it very convenient.

I would love to also be able to use it with my BoI visa debit card.

Is Bank of Ireland seriously looking into supporting it and are there any rough timeliness you can share?

Thanks a lot.
    Good Afternoon Bob24,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie, while we have no timeline as of yet if we do plan on introducing this we will let our customers know here and through our many other social platforms.

Thanks for sharing your interest in this, 

Evie 

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Thanks for the confirmation. It is a shame to hear you are not planning on introducing it at the moment though, from my perspective if another bank was launch it before BoI and had a reasonable fee structure, I would strongly consider moving my current account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Bob24 wrote: »
    Thanks for the confirmation. It is a shame to hear you are not planning on introducing it at the moment though, from my perspective if another bank was launch it before BoI and had a reasonable fee structure, I would strongly consider moving my current account.
    Good Morning Bob24, 

I am sorry to hear you'd consider this. Please be assured that we are constantly looking at ways to improve and develop the services we offer to our customers. We will pass your interest to our team for future developments. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 21 boomerek

This is crazy that it's not supported yet. I can see places accepting Apple Pay everywhere so what's going on with banks in this regard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

boomerek wrote: »
    This is crazy that it's not supported yet. I can see places accepting Apple Pay everywhere so what's going on with banks in this regard?
    Hi boomerek,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.ie.

We have currently no update on this. Please be assured, if we get any news on this we'll be sure to 
    post.

Thanks,

Tara C

Advertisement