Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile sent for repair, shop had no replacement phone

Options
  • 05-08-2015 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

I had to send my phone away for repair. 7-10 working days so the prospect oof no phone for up to 2 weeks. Shop said they had no replacement phones at that time. I needed a phone s I had to buy a cheap one. However, from chatting to people it seems that it was daft that I had to buy a phone, I should have been offered a replacement phone. Have I any comeback? Could i return the phone now that my own phone is ready? It;s a cheap phone. maybe the shop could keep it as a "replacement phone" ?? Worth a shot or a waste of time??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

No idea whether they should have offered you a replacement while yours was fixed (i certainly wouldnt expect it) but they have no obligation to take back the phone you purchased.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

paddles wrote: »
    I had to send my phone away for repair. 7-10 working days so the prospect oof no phone for up to 2 weeks. Shop said they had no replacement phones at that time. I needed a phone s I had to buy a cheap one. However, from chatting to people it seems that it was daft that I had to buy a phone, I should have been offered a replacement phone. Have I any comeback? Could i return the phone now that my own phone is ready? It;s a cheap phone. maybe the shop could keep it as a "replacement phone" ?? Worth a shot or a waste of time??

Waste of time. The replacement phone is a courtesy if theres any available. You are not entitled to one.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭paddles

Thanks folks. Collceted my fixed phone. Didn't bother about the new one.

Advertisement