Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin port south side

Options
  • 05-08-2015 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi,
    We are looking into moving to an apartment in Ringsend and it is situated across the road from Dublin Port.
    Does anyone know how noisy the port, and the traffic to and from the port, are during night time and weekends? As far as I understand it is active 24-7.

Thankfull for any information given.

Regards,

Evase

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 evase

Thank you Whiskeman!
    The article form The Irish Times was new for me and very enlightening.

The post from Boards is old (2011) and I was hoping for some fresh input from residents in the neighbourhood. Has the situation changed since the UCD study was published?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

evase wrote: »
    Thank you Whiskeman!
    The article form The Irish Times was new for me and very enlightening.

The post from Boards is old (2011) and I was hoping for some fresh input from residents in the neighbourhood. Has the situation changed since the UCD study was published?

I'd say if anything the port has gotten busier, and they're planning on making it bigger so more cruise ships can fit in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

It's still loud. I live a bit away and can hear it if my bedroom window is open. I wouldn't like to be any closer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭RomanKnows

I live in Ringsend and my apartment overlooks the docks. I can't say the noise is an issue. I sleep like the dead anyway, so maybe not the best person to ask, but I've never been woken by any noise from the port. Even during the day I can't say I notice it. The odd boat lets off its horn when leaving port. Background noise really.

Ringsend is a lovely place to live as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 evase

Hi,
    Thank you all for your input.
    We found some videos on youtube illustrating the nighttime noise and it seems to be on a level that we would find hard to sleep with. So we have decided against the apartment. It was a nice apartment but wouldn't be worth much if we couldn't sleep properly.

(And I am sorry whiskeyman to miss you "y" when replying to your input. The y-button on my keyboard is missing and thereby the y tends to fall out sometimes when i tpe. No offence intended.)

/ Evase

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I'd say if anything the port has gotten busier, and they're planning on making it bigger so more cruise ships can fit in.

That would be the north port

Advertisement