Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaints

Options
  • 05-08-2015 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

How do I contact you to make a complaint? The phone number you give is a general one and not specific to complaints?

Why do you not have an email address?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

ciog52 wrote: »
    How do I contact you to make a complaint? The phone number you give is a general one and not specific to complaints?

Hi ciog52,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.

Sorry to hear you wish to make a complaint. To make an official complaint please see here. This link provides you with the contact details for our complaints team. When you call 0818 365 365 and choose to speak with a representative they can then log your complaint.

If we can be of any assistance to you, please don't hesitate in contacting us again.

Have a good day.

Helen

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ciog52

Hi ciog52,

Sorry to hear you wish to make a complaint. To make an official complaint please see here. This link provides you with the contact details for our complaints team. When you call 0818 365 365 and choose to speak with a representative they can then log your complaint.

If we can be of any assistance to you, please don't hesitate in contacting us again.

Have a good day.

Helen
    Hi Helen,
    Have you ever tried the service?

Am 10 minutes on the phone so far and I have not managed to speak to anybody

Some service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

Hi ciog52,

Have a good day.

Helen
    Hi Helen,
    Have you ever tried the service?

Am 10 minutes on the phone so far and I have not managed to speak to anybody

Some service
    Hi,

If you still haven't spoken to a representative , please send us a PM with your name and contact phone number and we will arrange a call back for you.

In order to do this please click on the link below my signature.

Thanks

Helen 

• Registered Users Posts: 1 A13

Hi ciog52.

I am in the same boat as you. I have complained and was promised a phone call .....................  still waiting.

Best thing to do is write a complaint to (here's a link with the address) Won't allow me to post the link to BOI??

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Bank of Ireland[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Customer Service[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]4th Floor, Arena Building[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Whitestown Way[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Tallaght[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Dublin 24.[/font]

I personally have had it with BOI, empty promises, never get back to you, the one phone call in customer care, I was spoken/shouted over constantly and I asked her to stop and have some respect. I think that was a bit too much to ask.
    I won't go into it but I ended up in tears.
    They have stalled for over a month and a half now and have seriously wasted my time.

Also go to the financial ombudsman (This site won't allow me to post legitimate links for you!! Thanks BOI) 

I wish you well and good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭PolaroidPizza

you will have more luck with the financial ombudsman than getting a helpful response from BoI. I found out today that a closed 2012 account had a charge of 2euro applied to it for 3 years and not once did I receive any correspondence about it, all the while my credit rating was going down the toilet.
    When I finally got through to someone in BofI all I was told was basically 'you did get a statement in the post' for5 minutes...while I said 'no I didnt' .

Customer service is not BofIrelands priority, so if it is just to prove you complained, I say go ahead, but do not do it with any hope of getting any resolution.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

A13 wrote: »
    Hi ciog52.

I am in the same boat as you. I have complained and was promised a phone call .....................  still waiting.

Best thing to do is write a complaint to (here's a link with the address) Won't allow me to post the link to BOI??

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Bank of Ireland[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Customer Service[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]4th Floor, Arena Building[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Whitestown Way[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Tallaght[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Dublin 24.[/font]

I personally have had it with BOI, empty promises, never get back to you, the one phone call in customer care, I was spoken/shouted over constantly and I asked her to stop and have some respect. I think that was a bit too much to ask.
    I won't go into it but I ended up in tears.
    They have stalled for over a month and a half now and have seriously wasted my time.

Also go to the financial ombudsman (This site won't allow me to post legitimate links for you!! Thanks BOI) 

I wish you well and good luck!
    Hi A13,

Thanks for your post. 

We're very sorry to hear this and would like to help you resolve this. If you would like to send us a Private Message with your name, contact number and branch, we will be happy to request that a representative calls you to investigate further. 

To send in a private message, please click on the link in my signature below.

Thanks,
    Sarah

you will have more luck with the financial ombudsman than getting a helpful response from BoI. I found out today that a closed 2012 account had a charge of 2euro applied to it for 3 years and not once did I receive any correspondence about it, all the while my credit rating was going down the toilet.
    When I finally got through to someone in BofI all I was told was basically 'you did get a statement in the post' for5 minutes...while I said 'no I didnt' .

Customer service is not BofIrelands priority, so if it is just to prove you complained, I say go ahead, but do not do it with any hope of getting any resolution.
    Hi PolaroidPizza,

Thanks for your post here and we're very sorry to hear that this has been your experience. 

If you would like to send us a Private Message with your name, contact number, and the branch that  your account was held in, we can request that your branch contacts you regarding this.

Please click on the link in my signature below to send a private message.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

Boi are a joke. Myself and my husband will both be leaving Boi as soon as we get a mortgage. We have been waiting 2 weeks now for a statement that we were told would take 5-7 working days. Personally I think it's a joke why a 1 page statement can't be printed and put in the post that day especially when they are charging us to print it.

Boi are a joke. Myself and my husband will both be leaving Boi as soon as we get a mortgage. We have been waiting 2 weeks now for a statement that we were told would take 5-7 working days. Personally I think it's a joke why a 1 page statement can't be printed and put in the post that day especially when they are charging us to print it.
    Hi jennnyhayes123,

Thanks for your post.

We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy and for the delay in receiving your statement. Sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. Generally a duplicate statement will take 5-7 working days to be received in the post. However with the Bank holiday weekends this week, this may have taken longer for your statement. 

If we can help you with any other query please let us know. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

Hi jennnyhayes123,

Thanks for your post.

We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy and for the delay in receiving your statement. Sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. Generally a duplicate statement will take 5-7 working days to be received in the post. However with the Bank holiday weekends this week, this may have taken longer for your statement. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    It took exactly 2 weeks to the day to get he letter, I know you have the policy of 5 to 7 working days but this took longer than that. It is very frustrating when we needed it 2 weeks ago and it was a 1 page statement. I dont see why it couldnt be printed and sent the same day. We were charged for it on the 4th but didnt get letter till the 10th. If only Boi were as fast to hel there customers as they are to take money off them

The count down is on for the day we can both leave our accounts in Boi and cancel our life insurance and house insurance with them

• Advertisement

Hi jennnyhayes123,

Thanks for your post.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    It took exactly 2 weeks to the day to get he letter, I know you have the policy of 5 to 7 working days but this took longer than that. It is very frustrating when we needed it 2 weeks ago and it was a 1 page statement. I dont see why it couldnt be printed and sent the same day. We were charged for it on the 4th but didnt get letter till the 10th. If only Boi were as fast to hel there customers as they are to take money off them

The count down is on for the day we can both leave our accounts in Boi and cancel our life insurance and house insurance with them
    Hi jennyhayes123,

We're very sorry to hear that you wish to close your accounts and cancel your insurance with us. 

Apologies again for this delay in receiving your duplicate statement in the post. Just to mention, if you are signed up for estatements, your statements are available to view online going back to February 2012 and you can view and print these as you need them. You can find more information on registering for estatements at this link.

We do hope that you reconsider closing your accounts with us and please let us know if we can help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement