Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Runner Paced Miles (Track), August 18th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

28064212 wrote: »
    August 18th, Morton Stadium in Santry. 5-minute, 6-minute etc up to 12 minute paced mile options available. Free to enter. Bit light on the details, I wonder will they be electronically- or hand-timed? Looks interesting anyway

http://irishrunner.com/frank-greally-gratitude-run/

It says they'll be digitally timed. It's a great initiative, there's also a Little Athletics programme for kids 5-12 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,653 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    It says they'll be digitally timed
    Where?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Where?

Here 4th paragraph

• Registered Users Posts: 10,653 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Here 4th paragraph
    Ah, different page, thought I was going blind :p Still not very clear though, both hand and electronic timing are "digital"

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Ah, different page, thought I was going blind :p Still not very clear though, both hand and electronic timing are "digital"

Ah ok, technophobe here. I assumed digital didn't mean hand timed. Perhaps someone who participated last month in the Phoenix Park might know as I think it was the same set up (pacers/digital timing)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

I wouldn't say there would be big enough numbers to need chip timing? Probably hand timed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

I imagine the trackside giant digital clock will be used? It's at the finish line and starts with the gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭vanderlyle

Good to see this being done on a track. Hopefully it will draw a bigger number of participants than the last one. It's still uncertain whether the fastest pace is 5:30 or 5:00 though, the two articles conflict.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I've just registered. Never been to one before but as I live 5 minutes from the stadium, I thought it would be a bit of fun and nice to get officially timed.
    Haven't ran in Morton stadium since my glorious school days.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Sandwell

I'll definitely have a go at this if there's a five minute pacer. Doubt I'd be able to hang on but I'd love to have a try. It's close to work too so couldn't suit better.

• Advertisement

Sandwell wrote: »
    I'll definitely have a go at this if there's a five minute pacer. Doubt I'd be able to hang on but I'd love to have a try. It's close to work too so couldn't suit better.
    There is a 5 minute pacer and then every minute up to 12 minutes.

Did anybody get an email today about the times and schedule for tomorrow? They originally said it would be sent out today but I've not received one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

I got the email, pasted below. I won't be going along though.

Timetable for Gratitude Run and Paced Miles

PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY

6.30pm - RUNNERS WARM-UP for Pced Miles

6.45pm - First wave of Paced Miles - 12mins, 11mins & 10mins

7.00pm - 9mins

7.10 - 8mins

7.20pm - 7mins

7.30pm - 6 & 6.30

followed by 5min & 5.30

COOL DOWN - there will be an organised Cool Down after the Paced Miles

CHILDREN’s EVENTS - SPEED GATES & AGILITY CHALLENGES

GRATITUDE RUN with Frank Greally and Special Guests starts at approx. 8pm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Just back from the city and after remembering this. It had slipped my mind at some point during, the week. Going to shoot for the 6 minute mile. Hopefully they will still allow me to register by the time I can make it out there. Thinking it will be after 6. Anyone know if there will be any locker available for participants for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I really enjoyed this event tonight, It was a beautiful evening for it, it was well organised with over 200 runners , smashed my pb and I got to run with 7 Olympic athletes in the Gratitude run at the end.

There was Chip timing BTW

Well done to all involved in organising this event.

Yep, a really enjoyable evening. The organisation was fantastic and it was a perfect opportunity to have a crack at a PB. It's not every day you get to have John Travers pacing you.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭vanderlyle

Yep, a really enjoyable evening. The organisation was fantastic and it was a perfect opportunity to have a crack at a PB. It's not every day you get to have John Travers pacing you.
    Sandwell wrote:

I presume he was pacing the 5:00? Did you manage to hang on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Really well organised event. Great to see kids getting involved in running. Ran in the 6 minute group for a personal challenge, and hit the target.

vanderlyle wrote: »
    I presume he was pacing the 5:00? Did you manage to hang on?

I think he actually paced a few of the miles throughout the evening but in my case it was the 5.00 and I just about hung on for a 4:58. I was delighted with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I think he actually paced a few of the miles throughout the evening but in my case it was the 5.00 and I just about hung on for a 4:58. I was delighted with that.

you the KCH runner?
    yeah, Travers paced the 7, 6, and 5, Feidhlim Kelly did 6.30 and 5.30.
    Afterwards they did a lap at what was supposed to be Frank Greally's 10k pace - but ended up as a 56 second lap :pac:

• Advertisement

RayCun wrote: »
    you the KCH runner?
    yeah, Travers paced the 7, 6, and 5, Feidhlim Kelly did 6.30 and 5.30.
    Afterwards they did a lap at what was supposed to be Frank Greally's 10k pace - but ended up as a 56 second lap :pac:

No, I wasn't wearing a club vest. I was "second" home, just behind a runner from Dunboyne, I think.

I saw that lap. Frightening speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Shuttle666

John Travers paced most of the groups, so it was a back to back training session for him. I had the pleasure of being on his shoulder for most of the mile, spot on pacing and great encouragement from both pacers. Overall a great event and a nice chance to catch up with other runners.

Great evening and great weather. I originally had myself in the 7 minute timezone but decided to change to 6 minutes and finished in 5.56 so very happy with that.
    How long did Frank run? I only stuck around for the first 2 laps.

Frank ran for the 30 mind 17 seconds .

Frank ran for the 30 mins 17 seconds .

The Muppet wrote: »
    Frank ran for the 30 mind 17 seconds .
    Oh I meant what distance.

I'm not sure how many laps he did .

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Fiona44

I think he did 11.5 laps