Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mackerel Fishing Cork

Options
  • 05-08-2015 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all,
    AJ here, was out fishing 5-6 times in the past few days and not a bit biting the odd codling but to small to even keep.

Tried Cobh, Crosshaven, Ballycotton & Rinn..
    Casting from rocks and piers.
    Is it a bit too early or what is the story..

Many thanks in advance
    AJ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭the block

yourmam wrote: »
    Hi all,
    AJ here, was out fishing 5-6 times in the past few days and not a bit biting the odd codling but to small to even keep.

Tried Cobh, Crosshaven, Ballycotton & Rinn..
    Casting from rocks and piers.
    Is it a bit too early or what is the story..

Many thanks in advance
    AJ

Na I wudnt say to early.its the luck of the draw.i was casting of the rocks in Dunmore last Saturday. Caught nothing. Meanwhile over on the guillemene in tramore a few of my friends were racking em in.werever I go the mackerel don't ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

We had a few in Cork harbour last Thursday off the boat but they weren't too far from the shore, you could try the pier below Fort Camden on a rising tide into evening twilight, the winds should have died off by tomorrow evening.

Edit: I've never fished that pier myself but always thought from the boat it would be a great spot for the macks - the only thing is I don't know how easy or hard access is, I guess one would need to walk over to it from the south.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 yourmam

Ya it seems they are appearing very late over the past 2-3 years, and the water is quite warm it normally drives them inshore/coastline.
    Was crab fishing on Monday and no sign of sprats along quay walls..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

As per the charter and the note in the stickied thread at the top of the forum, all mackerel queries in the mackerel thread. Infraction applies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement