Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on protein shakes

• 05-08-2015 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi guys,
    I recently was diagonised with a bout of diverticulitis (infection in the bowl). Before contracting the infection I used whey protein shakes for training but since having the diver. my system can't take it. I get horrible pains and cramps in my guts. I was wondering if anyone has any experience of this and could recommend what protein is best for this circumstance, or will I have to give up protein shakes altogether!
    Thanks in advance for any advice
    Darren

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,670 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Have you had anyone advise on what you can and can't eat?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Darren Mahony

They've told me to avoid berries and nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭PolaroidPizza

go to a registered dietitian. They see diverticulitis patients all the time, they're cheaper than a GP, and the advise they give will be more legit than anything you will get here.

Advertisement