Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkside Homes New Development (Balgriffin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Brilliant!! Thanks for the help guys! Waiting on the information for phase 3. I’m on the mailing list. Can I ask when the houses were released was there queuing for days like at Silverbanks

I didn't experience queuing. ...but we got pretty late to the show. There might have been queuing before that for the most affordable homes, I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

There was no queuing, I bought in Phase one over 18 months ago.
    Turned up, checked the map in the office to see what was available. Had a look at the one I liked , paid deposit the next day.

A lot has changed with regards to housing in that time though. (which is mental)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Jwacqui wrote: »
    I've registered my interest for the new phase launching. I'm just wondering if anybody knows how much the price has changed from phase one to now.

Also do people find they are on top of each other? I don't like clongriffin for that reason. Also I hate the on street parking that a lot of houses have.

Pre-2008 built Clongriffin is "on top of each other" but the houses that have been built since are very well spaced out in all fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Marhevka

How are people finding commute to Dublin centre from the Parkside estate? Do you take bus or train. I know that dart is 1.9 km, which is quite far. Can you please share your observations? Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Col_30

Marhevka wrote: »
    How are people finding commute to Dublin centre from the Parkside estate? Do you take bus or train. I know that dart is 19 km, which is quite far. Can you please share your observations? Tia

The station is less than 2KM from the entrance of the estate. It's about a 20 min walk.
    There's plenty of parking at the station (currently free) if you wish to drive.
    It takes about 5 min to drive, but it does get busy outside the estate with school traffic from about 8:20 in the morning, it adds about 3 mins to the journey. This is mainly due to very irresponsible parking by parents.
    I have no experience of the buses in the area and have thankfully not been on one since I moved to Parkside.

• Advertisement

Hi all, I have one more question for those who bought a house in Parkside phase 1 and 2. Did you have to queue on/before the sale day or was the sale/signing contract done in the civilised way? Just trying to prepare myself.. Now sure when phase 3 will be released. Website says April 2018. Thanks in advance!

Marhevka wrote: »
    Hi all, I have one more question for those who bought a house in Parkside phase 1 and 2. Did you have to queue on/before the sale day or was the sale/signing contract done in the civilised way? Just trying to prepare myself.. Now sure when phase 3 will be released. Website says April 2018. Thanks in advance!

There was no queuing for phase #2, see above.
    In any case, it's hard to predict what happens at the release of phase #3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 guzgan

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone that is already living in this area can make any comment regarding the safety of the neighborhood. I read a couple of posts where I saw that the they is pretty common in Clongriffin which is just across the park. Is this also an issue in Parkside?
    Any information is much appreciated.
    Thanks

guzgan wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone that is already living in this area can make any comment regarding the safety of the neighborhood. I read a couple of posts where I saw that the they is pretty common in Clongriffin which is just across the park. Is this also an issue in Parkside?
    Any information is much appreciated.
    Thanks

I've lived in Parkside for almost a year without a single issue.

FWIW Clongriffin is also a nice and safe area too. I have heard of some car break-ins in Clongriffin recently, but this happens everywhere. Overall it's a decent area and I had no problems walking around there in the dark evenings during the winter.

All houses in Parkside have either a private driveway for 2 cars or designated on street parking with a direct view from the house. This would probably make it harder for anyone to mess with your car.

• Advertisement

Hi, does anybody know what type of houses are getting released on May 12th? Any idea on prices? They don't want to say anything when I call them. Tia for any info.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 giallo

Hello,

I'm interested in Parkside development but looking at the map I've found out there are a couple of traveller halting sites nearby. As far as you know is the area safe?

XFdUGbI.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4 guzgan

Short answer is no, it's not a safe area and you can find that out with a bit of research.

A few days ago a gang of 20 youths wearing balaclavas storm DART with knives and blocks of wood, you can find that in the news online. The DART station is regularly vandalized and there are a lot of youths that scan the houses and cars to break in for a quick steal. The people already living there already are optimistic about it and very hopeful and encouraging. They believe strongly that the only way for these crimes to reduce is with an increasing community and will encourage anyone willing to move in. In the night they drink and party in the park.
    There is also a block of social apartments being built south of the Park, quite close to the DART station.

On the other hand the prices in these area are still quite good as compared to other areas of Dublin. I'm also very interested in moving in there but I'm quite put off with all these things happening in this area. There is the next phase of Parkside this weekend, check the website.

Hope that helps,

guzgan wrote: »
    Short answer is no, it's not a safe area and you can find that out with a bit of research.

A few days ago a gang of 20 youths wearing balaclavas storm DART with knives and blocks of wood, you can find that in the news online. The DART station is regularly vandalized and there are a lot of youths that scan the houses and cars to break in for a quick steal. The people already living there already are optimistic about it and very hopeful and encouraging. They believe strongly that the only way for these crimes to reduce is with an increasing community and will encourage anyone willing to move in. In the night they drink and party in the park.
    There is also a block of social apartments being built south of the Park, quite close to the DART station.

On the other hand the prices in these area are still quite good as compared to other areas of Dublin. I'm also very interested in moving in there but I'm quite put off with all these things happening in this area. There is the next phase of Parkside this weekend, check the website.

Hope that helps,

I would agree that gentrification is the way to go.
    The more people pay big money for houses there, the fewer percentage of people are interested in making any trouble.
    It's just not a fully utilized/developed area yet, give it some time.

The lack of security at the DART station was never going to work. No matter what area it is. Clongriffin has one of the biggest/newest train stations along the DART line and it's the one with no security. It's simply unworkable that way. Even tiny little stations have permanent staff. Scum will gather at huge places with no security, even if they're from elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Does anyone have an updated price list?

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭fungie

Does anybody have the price history, specifically for the 4 bed houses? There are some left for sale for 455k but looking on the property price register the max price we can find is 359k and that was in July.

fungie wrote: »
    Does anybody have the price history, specifically for the 4 bed houses? There are some left for sale for 455k but looking on the property price register the max price we can find is 359k and that was in July.

I think the prices on the register for new builds are ex vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭kevincool

where are the social housing units coming in this development especially in the current phase?
    I believe some of the duplexes will be social housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭lcarrol3

Hi all, we're hoping to buy a house in the upcoming development and have been keeping a close eye on the planning permission. We've just seen that Cairn have uploaded a document noting public areas in the new development will be maintained by a management company.

I wonder if any of you know is this the case in the current development or have any homeowners heard anything about this? It was my understanding that communal areas are managed by Dublin City Council.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 thepolymath

Hi lcarrol3, We are interested in the new phase of Parkside as well. Where did you find the info on the management company?
    We assumed that since last phases were managed by Dublin City Council the next phase will also be the same.

Have you queried this with the EA?

The latest information we have received from EA is that they are planning to launch the new phase in June 2020 itself. No price list as of yet but the new brochure is available on the Cairn website.

We are interested in the Type B houses, how about you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭lcarrol3

Hi lcarrol3, We are interested in the new phase of Parkside as well. Where did you find the info on the management company?
    We assumed that since last phases were managed by Dublin City Council the next phase will also be the same.

Have you queried this with the EA?

The latest information we have received from EA is that they are planning to launch the new phase in June 2020 itself. No price list as of yet but the new brochure is available on the Cairn website.

We are interested in the Type B houses, how about you?

Hi polymath, oooh future (hopefully) neighbours! I did query this with the EA and with a few current residents (I've viewed some homes in the development secondhand), it seems that because this is the final phase of Parkside, Cairn will be handing over the estate to a management company to the tune of about €450p/a. If you look at the planning it seems Cairn tried to get the estate taken in charge by DCC and it was rejected...

I was onto the EA yesterday who said they're hoping to finish up the show house in two weeks time and then launch - makes me feel a bit anxious that it won't be one of the new types but look! We're hoping for a B type too but at the moment are having trouble with mortgage exemptions due to COVID19 so fingers crossed all goes to plan in a few weeks time.

lcarrol3 wrote: »
    Hi polymath, oooh future (hopefully) neighbours! I did query this with the EA and with a few current residents (I've viewed some homes in the development secondhand), it seems that because this is the final phase of Parkside, Cairn will be handing over the estate to a management company to the tune of about €450p/a. If you look at the planning it seems Cairn tried to get the estate taken in charge by DCC and it was rejected...

I'm a resident from an earlier phase and this isn't true. There might be some dispute with DCC regarding parking spaces that are on street and not private driveways, but the the entire estate is not being handed over to a Management Company.

The last phase and the new one both have apartments/duplexes and these are the phases that are part of the management company. The houses in these phases are also part of this, but I think the fees for 3/4 bed houses is around 200 p.a. which seems fair.

It's a great area and we are very happy three years in. Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dhruvrai

Hello guys,

I am also interested in the last phase and can't decide which house to go for.

There is a House Type C 114 sqm available and it has a bigger back garden.

I wanted to ask if someone knows about the C type house.

1. Is there any disadvantage of a house with Parallel Kitchen and living room?
    2. The Attic size will be different for these houses. Can someone please tell me if it can be converted in the future.
    The sales agent said that the Attic will be long but very narrow.
    3. There is a Air to water heating system in the new houses. Does that mean there won't be any PV system? Any benefits or disadvantage of it?

Also, what are the benefits of Parkside over Belltree? Belltree also have some houses available.

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭bbehan202

• Has anyone been able to negotiate a lower sale agreed price on these? Nothing from the last 3 months on Property Price Register. Given we have a recession looming - it's difficult to know.
    • Does anyone know if flooring is included in selling price of these?
    • Anyone living there now have any red flags about the development or area?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dhruvrai

bbehan202 wrote: »
    • Has anyone been able to negotiate a lower sale agreed price on these? Nothing from the last 3 months on Property Price Register. Given we have a recession looming - it's difficult to know.
    • Does anyone know if flooring is included in selling price of these?
    • Anyone living there now have any red flags about the development or area?

> Price is fixed. I have asked the sales agent if I can make an offer and she refused.
    > Flooring and Tiling is only included in the Bathroom.

Kitchen appliances are included if you sign the contract in 21 days, but they are happy to extend the 21 days period.

I have booked a C type house. If someone can help me with the questions I have asked before, then it will be really helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭bbehan202

• I agree. I tried to get agent down and she didn't budge :(
    • I just put booking deposit down also
    • I was under the impression it was just the floor tiling for bathrooms and not the wall tiling in the bathrooms?
    • I have same info re: contracts and white goods (except for washing machine & dryer)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kingkoala

dhruvrai wrote: »
    Hello guys,

I am also interested in the last phase and can't decide which house to go for.

There is a House Type C 114 sqm available and it has a bigger back garden.

I wanted to ask if someone knows about the C type house.

2. The Attic size will be different for these houses. Can someone please tell me if it can be converted in the future.
    The sales agent said that the Attic will be long but very narrow.
    3. There is a Air to water heating system in the new houses. Does that mean there won't be any PV system? Any benefits or disadvantage of it?

Also, what are the benefits of Parkside over Belltree? Belltree also have some houses available.

Thank you

Hi,
    We also looked at Belltree, even booked one, but finally decided on Parkside, to summarize:
    1. Belltree is closer to station, if you plan to use Dart, Belltree app. saves 15 min. every day
    2. Building quality and the layout is slightly better in Parkside
    3. Belltree seems to have larger garden sizes
    4. Appliances included in Parkside, not included in Belltree if you are not buying a show house
    5. Parkside's landscaping seems better
    6. New phase in Parkside offers Heat Pump (PV not included), Belltree is GFCH with PV, overall, Parkside's new phases BER rating is A2, Belltree is A3
    7. Not sure, but as far as I know, empty area beside park in Belltree is going to be 4-7 Story nursing home

Thinking parallel kitchen and Living room, I think it only has advantages. But we did not like the second floor layout in type C

I am not sure but as far as I know, attic conversion is not permitted. (However, there might be conversion types that does not require PP)

Hope you find these answers helpful

see my answers below
    dhruvrai wrote: »
    Hello guys,

-- We discounted the type C house as we did not want our kitchen facing out on to the public road. The B type houses offers more privacy in my opinion. B type is a more traditional 3 bed semi layout, I just preferred it.

-- We have converted the type B attic and have a nice size sitting room, a separate study and a bathroom with shower. It's a fantastic space. We even have storage in the eaves and more storage above the ceiling in the roof apex.
    The C type would be very difficult to convert and I'm not sure the room shape would work, it would be pretty awkward.

It's down to personal opinion, but I much preferred the look of Parkside and the design of the houses. The walk to dart is a pain though, so if that's important to you, maybe go for Beltree.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mario1988

kevincool wrote: »
    where are the social housing units coming in this development especially in the current phase?
    I believe some of the duplexes will be social housing.

Does anyone have any info about this in the current phase?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BEdS_83

Hi folks,

does anyone have the price for the 4bed house there? I'm not finding it, and I emailed the EA but I guess they will only reply me on Monday.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Advertisement